Saturday, November 5, 2016

Farm Market Finds & Weekend Plans




Quick trip to the farmers market this morning because we had to get back to drive Guppy 2 over to the high school since she is going to the marching band competition today.   That being said, we still did a bit of "damage" monetarily!  I'm not worried as long as we use up what we bought since I love supporting this farmers market when I am able.

Total Spent:  $59
1 bottle of whole milk
2 bottles of eggnog (We ended up with two since Papa wanted to get one to bring to his brother)
1 large bunch of mustard greens
1 large bunch of red leaf lettuce
1/2 dozen apple cider donuts
1 cup mulled cider (for me)
1 butternut squash coffee cake (I was wooed by the sample - delicious!)
1 pint of butternut squash soup
1 pint of pumpkin apple soup

On the way home from the market, Papa & I talked about starting to purchase our meat from the farmers market again - at least the beef anyway.  We haven't been very happy with the quality of the supermarkets in town lately.  We will see how this goes.




As I mentioned above, Guppy 2 will be gone all day with the high school's band for competition.  She said she should be back anywhere between 11pm and 1am.  Guppy 1 is going out exploring with a friend this afternoon and they are planning to do something this evening.  So, Papa & I have some unexpected time together!  I doubt we will do anything exciting....Maybe we will watch some more episodes of the show The Exorcist, roast some of our sugar pumpkins, possibly bake pumpkin seeds....I know aren't we wild & crazy?  Haha! 

Tomorrow, G1 has asked that I drive her and the BFF to upstate New York to go do some more urban exploring.  While I'm not looking forward to a two hour drive (each way), I am looking forward to exploring and spending time with these two ladies since I know my time with them is growing short.  G1's gap year starts next summer and G1's BFF is off to college.  And, truthfully, I am going to miss these two more than I care to even think about.
Papa may go visit his brother tomorrow, depending on what G2's plans are.  I suspect that G2 will want to sleep in tomorrow but who knows?


Any exciting things going on in your world?


2 comments:

  1. Donuts. I was all excited when they announced that she would be at the market on Sunday last week.......and then she canceled. I am sure she had a good reason. But I was really looking forward to a donut that I can actually eat! Lol. When we do meet up remind me to give you a milk bottle to turn in. You can use the credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The donuts have been at the Saturday market only sporadically. I think they have obligations to craft fairs and such. Plus, they have their booth at the Big E. Maybe the donuts will be there next week? And, I can always pick some up for you before we meet up again too! =)
      Thanks for the milk bottle! The credit would be awesome!
      Talk soon!!

      Delete