Saturday, November 12, 2016

Mama Saves The Day & Weekend Plans




No farmers market this bright Saturday morning.  I was helping Guppy 2 get ready to go with the high school marching band to the Nationals competition in New Jersey instead.  She is keeping her fingers crossed that all the other "runners" will show up because she likes being the alternate and not having the pressure of sprinting across the field waving the banners.  LOL 

It's going to be a very looooong day for them!  G2 told me that the awards ceremony doesn't even start until midnight and don't expect to be back in town until around 4am!  So, I guess that will make a long day for us too.


Anyway, in true G2 style.....

She told me at 8am this morning that she needed to make a "Psyched Box" and had to bring it with her today!   A Psyched Box is similar to a "Secret Santa" but the gift(s) are placed in a decorated shoebox.  8 AM I find all this out!  And she had to be at the high school for 10am!  (((sigh)))

We just bought her new shoes last week so at least we had a shoebox to use.  But what about covering it and decorating it?  Scrapbook supplies to the rescue!

I used to be an avid scrapbooker about eight or so years ago.  When I was first diagnosed with MS I (briefly) lost some of my dexterity and got frustrated with scrapbooking.  My hands are better (usually) now and I'll scrapbook once in awhile but not like before my diagnosis.

It drives Papa nuts that we have so many supplies still in the hall closet!  But, they have saved us quite a few times in "art emergencies" like today!  Haha!

While G2 worked on the decorations, I ran over to Dollar Tree to pick up the gifts.  (We are also lucky in that we have a DT very close to home!)  We stuffed the box with:
2 pairs of fluffy socks
1 box of Gobbstoppers
1 bag of peanut butter cups
1 bag of Kit Kats
1 bag of gummy bears
1 bag of Hershey kisses

So, mission accomplished for under ten dollars and in less than two hours time!  Phew! 


Guppy 1 is going out with a couple of friends today to do some more "urban exploring" in a town about thirty minutes away from us.  She is finally starting to branch out and get out more often!  And, she has told us recently that it definitely helps with her struggles with depression.  It has taken many years but I feel like she is on her way to a happy future finally.

So, that leaves Papa & me with a completely open full day!  I don't have any clue what we are going to do with it yet but the sun is shining and I want to get out of the house for awhile today!  =)

Tomorrow will very much be a day to spend at home.  I'm sure both Guppies are going to want to spend a good portion of the day relaxing and I know G2 has some homework to finish.  Papa has some yardwork he wants to accomplish.  And, I have a disaster of a house to straighten up and a huge pile of laundry with which to contend!

That's our weekend in a nutshell!

Hope you have a good one!


1 comment: