Saturday, November 5, 2016

This Past Week's Dinners






Time to check in and see how I did this week with getting dinner on the table!

Sunday Dinner
Guppy 2 wanted her boyfriend to come over for the afternoon (including dinner) since he was at marching band competition all day on Saturday.  She also wanted him to help her (finally) carve pumpkins!  So, I pulled out some "good" steak I had in the freezer....

Cast Iron Beef Tenderloin
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Balsamic Glazed Red & Orange Beets
Beet Greens sautéed with Olive Oil and Garlic
Corn Niblets
and...
Take out Ice Cream Sundaes for dessert


Monday Dinner
Halloween night (and I didn't sleep well the night before) so I wanted something easy...

Crock pot Chili for Papa and Me
Frozen Pizza for G1, G2, & G2's boyfriend who was here afterschool to get ready for trick or treating with G2


Tuesday Dinner
Still feeling uninspired recipe wise plus G2 had a school activity to get to right after dinner time.  So something quick and easy was up to bat for dinner for the second night in a row....
Cheeseburgers
Sweet Potato Fries


Wednesday Dinner
Spicy Udon (for G1, Papa, & me)
Perdue Chicken nuggets & mac-n-cheese (for G2)


Thursday Dinner
 Sauteed Chicken Cutlets with thyme, mushrooms, and chicken broth
Boxed mushroom risotto (bought from Aldi a while back on a whim.  Won't buy again since it's way too artificial tasting to me)
Sauteed swiss chard with garlic


Friday Dinner
The dentist appointment on Friday was a doozy which resulted in the right side of my face being numb the entire day and evening!  The dentist erred on the side of caution because one of the cavities was in a difficult spot/tooth to numb up. 
Anyway, I took the extremely lazy route and...
1 takeout bacon pizza
1 takeout cheese pizza
In my defense -although I really don't have one LOL! - I did buy from the cheapest place in town


Saturday Dinner
The Guppies are each out doing something so it's just Papa & me for dinner!  Rather than spending (more) money on takeout or going to a restaurant, we are opting to stay in and making:
Pumpkin Sage Ravioli (my last package) in a Butter Sage Sauce
Roasted Garlic with French Bread
Mixed Green Salad
Easy enough and will hit the spot!


Anything yummy on your menu this past week?  Did you stick with your plans or go a little off course like I did on Friday night?

No comments:

Post a Comment