Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day Book for December 14th



It's 10:30 am and I just got out of bed...
Well, okay not completely true...I did get up at 6 am, got breakfasts/lunches as needed together, and drove the Guppies to school first.  But, by 7:15, I was back in my bed!
Apparently Santa thought it would be nice to give me an early Christmas present.....A LOVELY COLD!

So, Day Book time today!


Out my window...
It's hard to see much out my living room window because our very WIDE Christmas tree takes up most of it - which is just the way we like it!  Anyway, what I can see are some cars going by and the sun shining.  Other than that, not much is happening.

I'm hearing...
The dog enjoying the treat I stuffed in her Kong, the heat kicking on - which reminds me I should order oil at the end of the week, and the Pandora Christmas music I put on to help wake me up/put me in a better mood.

I'm thinking...
Of all the stuff I need to accomplish before Christmas comes!  That this cold better not get much worse!  And, my heart goes out to poor Carla over at My Happy Haven - I read on Facebook that she slipped on some ice and banged herself up!  If you don't follow her already, check out her blog and give the poor (but very talented!) lady some Christmas love!

I'm wearing...
My PJ's still....Pink Santa Claus flannel pants & a gray Winnie the Pooh snowflake sweatshirt.  Stylish I know!  Aren't you all jealous?  =)

I'm feeling...
Exhausted!  But, how is that possible after all the sleep I got?  haha

From the kitchen...
Confession time....Remember how I wrote about "shopping my kitchen" for dinners on my last post?  Well, yesterday Ramsey (aka G1's boyfriend) was coming over and I had no idea what I was going to feed them!  So, I ran over to the store to grab a few choices.  Ironically enough, they decided on frozen pizza?!?! (I call him Ramsey here because he's a very good chef - like Gordon Ramsey) But,  they did me a favor because now I have a very easy (but yummy!) dinner to throw together tonight.

I'm creating...
Nothing today really.  Unless you count the fact that I *may* start wrapping some presents if I have time before I have to pick up the Guppies from school.  And, I guess I'm "creating" a master Christmas list of all the presents I need to still get and Christmas Eve & Christmas dinner menus.

I'm thankful for...
Many things right now!  But I guess the top thing on my long list at the moment would be how well Guppy 2 is responding to her therapist!  Yesterday she had her first session "alone" and came out in a good mood.  She even told me that her throat hurt from talking so much!  And, if you knew G2, you would know what a tremendously big deal it is that she talked THAT much!

I'm looking forward to...
Mystic's Lantern Light Tours this Sunday!  Even though they are calling for rain, I'm sure we are going to have a really great time!  Papa & I are happy with the people the Guppies invited (Ramsey for G1 and G2's BFF) so it's sure to be fun!  Neither of them have gone before so it will be a treat to watch the tour unfold through their eyes.  (This is Papa & my 20th year going.)

I'm reading...
Nothing right now!  I am in a reading slump!  Nothing is really catching my attention but I think that's more a by-product of the season than anything else.  I'm sure I will be back to my normal reading frenzy come January - especially since I may have asked hinted to Papa that there is a new Wally Lamb book out at Target for 30% off.
This reading slump also means I won't (most likely) be finishing my reading challenge.  But, I am happy with what I did accomplish on it and that's for another post.


And....
I guess that's it for now.  My stuffed up brain doesn't seem to want to function!  So, I guess I'm off to shower and try to be productive (at least a little bit).

Have a nice Wednesday all!



2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling under the weather! :( Here I am just trying to stay warm. We got about 3 inches of snow yesterday (when we weren't supposed to get any) and then the temperatures dropped drastically. Supposed to be even colder tomorrow with wind chills in the negatives (-15 or so).
    I am with you in the reading slump. I did read 2 books the weekend after Thanksgiving but nothing since and honestly nothing has looked good enough for me to read.

    Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I have to be especially careful because my immune system is horrible thanks to the MS. But, it's three o'clock now and I am feeling a little better than this morning. I'm hoping the extra resting is doing the trick. =)

      Delete