Friday, December 9, 2016

Focusing on the Happy & A Costco Trip




Sorry for a being slightly melancholy yesterday.  Things look a little brighter already for Guppy 2 which in turn makes me happy.  She responded well to going up to guidance at school yesterday and even participated in a mini meditation group (which she loved).  And, I cannot say it enough, thank God for the good friends she has!  I love them all, seriously.


So, onto focusing on the happy right?

I was able to squeeze us in for our annual trip to Mystic Seaport for their Lantern Light Tour.  They really filled up quickly this year!  The Lantern Light Tour is an interactive play where groups of people are ushered through the seaport's village by "townspeople" going about their business on a typical late 1800's  Christmas Eve.  You are brought from place to place - examples of which are the tavern, a ship, a family home, the meeting house - and a story unfolds through the interaction of your townsperson and the villagers at the places you visit.  Each year is different and this year's story has been inspired by The Nutcracker. 
Instead of the usual four of us going, we are bringing two more people this year - G1's boyfriend "T" whom I will from now on call "Ramsey" as in Gordon Ramsey because he loves to cook and G2's BFF.   We are going on Sunday the 18th and are really looking forward to it.

Today is my first big shopping trip of the season!  My parents are meeting me at the mall in Milford where we can hopefully knock out a lot of the shopping!  The Guppies are at an age where my parents never know what to get and always want to get things for them to unwrap along with the money and gift cards they give the girls each year.  Plus we are hoping to get G1's birthday presents done since her birthday is the first week of January.  I am going to try my best not to get stressed by the crowds and just enjoy the scenery.  Let's hope it works!  Haha!


This last thing is less happy and more thankful...

I feel so fortunate to have such good health insurance!  When I had called our medical insurance to ask about deductibles/copays for G2's therapy sessions, I got a very pleasant surprise!  No deductible, unlimited visits, and only a $30 copay!  Just to help put this into perspective, when G1 was in therapy for her eating disorder and depression, we had a $400 deductible which renewed every year and had a 20% copay.  While G2's isn't free, it is much more manageable.  So that's a load off of my mind!




Also with my parents.....

They were heading off to Costco yesterday and wanted me to join them.  Of course I said yes!  While they kept encouraging me to throw more stuff in my cart, I tried to keep the damage to a minimum! LOL  This list is going to probably seem a little bizarre but I was attempting to round out my pantry items and get a few treats too.

1 (2 32 oz pack) of Organic Chicken Noodle Soup
1 (6 pack) crème brule
1 48 oz tub of Philadelphia cream cheese
4 lbs of butter
1 7 lb bag of brown sugar
4 boxes of Ziploc freezer bags
1 flat (24 bottles) diet Snapple
1 flat (35 cans) Diet Coke
1 flat (35 bottles) Gatorade
2 pack of Skippy
1 large jar of sundried tomatoes packed in oil
1 5lb bag of onions
1 (5 pack) of Clorox Wipes (Mom wanted one of the five containers)
6 lbs of ground beef
4 large ribeye steaks
1 large bag of mini Ciabatta rolls
2 packages of bagels
1 flat (12 count) croissants
1 package (8 count) apple strudel
1 4 lb bag of Toll House chocolate chips

All of which I am very thankful for!
It will help stretch our money even further for this season!

And on that note, I'm off to get ready to get my shopping on!  And, I already put quite a few discounts/coupons in my purse so I am really ready to go!

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Love the seaport & Lantern Light Tour. I grew up about 6 miles from there and went many many times as a preTeen and as a teen volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place to grow up! Were you one part of the acting troop then?

    ReplyDelete