Saturday, December 17, 2016

Snowed In!



Well, that's probably a bit of an exaggeration.  The weathermen are predicting four to six inches before it warms up enough to turn to rain.  Most "normal" people may be able/willing to venture out.  But me?  Nope!

Especially since....

Papa had to take my car in to work this morning!

Yup, he had to go to work on a Saturday!  He went in for six am to meet with some of the weekend nightshift people about an upcoming inspection of some sort.  (I guess this is a drawback to working in a hospital?  I'm not complaining though - he loves his job and that makes us all happy!)  We decided that he would stay in the city at the hospital until the rain started and it was safer for him to drive home.  He has $$$ on him so he can either eat lunch at the hospital cafeteria or head to a nearby restaurant.   Knowing Papa as I do, he will definitely take the cheapest route available to him.

City Seed cancelled BOTH Saturday & Sunday's farmers markets this weekend.  Yoo Hoo Ms. Sandie!  I'm sure you already know this but just in case you didn't.  Today obviously they canceled due to snow.  Tomorrow I think they canceled because of the rain coming in?  I'm not really sure.  Either way, I'm bummed out.  We had really wanted to buy a LOT of dairy products -including some kick ass eggnog.  We also wanted to look around because City Seed was posting on social media about some of the unique holiday gifts that would be at the market this weekend.  I feel badly for the farmers/vendors about the cancellation.  The market won't start up again until January 14th so I wonder how much of a loss they will be taking this weekend.

Anyway, since I am stuck inside today, I will probably try to get some stuff accomplished here - besides the usual cleaning up of course. We haven't put up Papa's Department 56 village yet either so I will try to haul all the pieces up from the basement so we can do it over the course of the next few days - good thing we keep the thing up until the end of January or it wouldn't feel worth it this late in the Christmas game!  I plan on getting all the dry ingredients for the cookies I'm making measured and into ziplocs for easier (and faster!) baking next week.  And, since the Guppies aren't going anywhere today, I want us to all spend time together (once Papa is home) watching Christmas specials and decorating our gingerbread house. 

Hope you all have a nice Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. We are having weather issues here too today. Last night we got about an inch of snow, then it turned over to freezing rain. It was supposed to turn over to rain by now, except it hasn't. Roads are horrible and there is ice everywhere. It is supposed to warm up today but who knows. I am staying in and doing baking for teacher gifts and doing laundry. Hubby does have to go to work later, but I am not going anywhere. Enjoy your snow day at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really nice day, thanks! And, by your blog post, it seems you had a great snow day too! =)

      Delete
  2. We seem to have had our roads departments well positioned as despite our cold and snow, things are up and running as normal this Saturday. Oh, I'd love to see a picture of your completed village set up and gingerbread house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to post pics of the village should we get it up! =)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was awesome and so needed! =)

      Delete
  4. Yes I knew. Very disappointing. Go to Whitneyville market in Hamden. They carry the milk and perhaps eggnog from the dairy farm that is at the market. Not sure about their yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Sandie! Great timing too because I have to go down that way anyway to the used book store. Can't wait to go this week! =)

      Delete