Tuesday, December 27, 2016

What We Ate For Dinner This Week




Did I do better than last week?  Let's check it out....


Sunday
Planned evening out...

Margarita's Mexican Restaurant


Monday
Ramsey & G1 made us dinner as a "thank you" for inviting him to spend the day with us at Mystic on Sunday. 

Pancakes
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Home fries

There was enough left over for Papa's lunch on Tuesday and breakfast for a few days!


Tuesday
I was sick all day...Hmmm...Ramsey and G1's cooking?  LOL  (Honestly, it wasn't food poisoning!) I didn't feel much in the cooking - or eating - mood....

I made G2:
Bacon Grilled Cheese

And Papa made him and G1:
Scrambled Eggs with toast
(Those two could eat scrambled eggs every day I swear!)


Wednesday
G2 went out with friends so just three of us...

Steak
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans with Garlic


Thursday
It was so tough to not order out!  I had been busy all day - first in the kitchen making cookies and prepping cookie doughs, then out with G2 for last minute shopping, and TWO runs to Dollar Tree.  All I wanted to do was order a pizza!  But, I didn't and decided to make:

Cheeseburgers
Mac n Cheese

Although it wasn't pizza, it filled all of our bellies just fine and kept a few more bucks in my pocket.


Friday
Papa & I had the afternoon to ourselves since Guppy 1 was spending time at Ramsey's and Guppy 2 was at a friend's house for a Christmas party.
I still had a cold and felt like crud!  But, off to the West Farms Mall we went to pick up some final odds and ends.  The mall has a PF Chang's and I LOOOOOVE me some PF Chang's - and haven't had it in a long long time! 
As we were getting ready to leave the mall around three, Papa surprised me with "linner" with his remaining Christmas shopping money.  He said he didn't really know what else to buy me and knew how much I loved that restaurant. So we had a very nice (and super appreciated) lunch by ourselves that hit the spot!


Saturday
As per our usual tradition, we had "pickies".  G1 and Ramsey were with us and G2 came home from her boyfriend's a little later to enjoy some with us too.

Broccoli Bites with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Mini Pigs in a Blanket
Mozzarella Sticks
Mushroom Turnovers
Buffalo Chicken Pastry Bites


Sunday
Christmas Dinner:

Filet of Beef Roasts
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Yams
Green Beans with Garlic
Corn

Very simple meal but delicious!

We had our array of cookies and cinnamon rolls as mentioned in a previous post.  We also decided to make Crème Brule too - which was amazing!  =)



So, there you have it....another week for the books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment