Sunday, December 18, 2016

What We Ate This Week....

A very unmotivated week here at my dinner table!  I blame it partly on the cold that began midweek.  Even though I am not thrilled with what I cobbled together meal wise,  Papa and I were discussing the fact that, in past years, McDonald's was our home away from home come the month of December due to all busyness/laziness.  So, I guess I can be at least slightly happy that we only hit MCD once this week! Well, and Chinese takeout once too!   LOL



Sunday
I didn't feel like doing the whole big Sunday dinner thing....It was Papa, G2, G2's friend, and me so I made:

A Taco Bar complete with all the fixings



Monday

Spicy Udon for G1, Papa, & me
and
Quesadilla for G2


Tuesday
Full-ish house tonight and again not feeling like cooking....I'm sensing a theme here.  In my defense, I am not feeling great - I have the beginnings of a cold brewing.

Frozen pizza - requested by G2, G1, & Ramsey (G1's boyfriend)
and
Roast Beef & Caramelized Onions Grilled Sandwiches for Papa & me


Wednesday
I took most of the day "off" to sleep, relax, and try to get rid of this cold I am getting!  Thankfully, I had a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket up my sleeve so all I had to do was cook the sides.  All four of us were home for dinner, although Papa worked late again.

Rotisserie Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes (the last of them left from Thanksgiving time)
Green Beans with Garlic


Thursday
Two extra kiddos in the house again!  I bought:

McDonalds

Neither Papa nor I were all that hungry so we just split the two cheeseburger meal.  At least I tried to save a little $$$ while splurging on takeout?


Friday
Guppy 2 was out so it was only Guppy 1, Papa, & me.
Guppy 1 wanted:
Peanut Butter sandwich and chips
which worked out fine with me.
Papa & I had:
Mushroom Ravioli
Roasted Garlic on Italian bread


Saturday
Chinese takeout

(Again, Papa & I split an order of General Tsao's chicken to keep costs down)



And...

There you have it!  Our dinners last week.  I would like to say that this week will be better but I can't say that without a shadow of doubt.  I will be baking all our cookies this week and getting the final stuff done for Christmas.  I plan on doing my best and will probably try to sit down and work out a loose plan tomorrow.

For now, we are off to Mystic!  The weathermen say the rain is going to let up so keep your fingers crossed they are right!  =)







3 comments:

  1. There are weeks like that. I try and make up for it other weeks and eat extra cheap. I need to do some planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sam. As much as we try to avoid it, we all have weeks that are a struggle. It's been a rough combination of busy family activities + my busiest time of the year at work, so I hear you. I managed to make most of the dinners, but there were some interesting combinations that I normally wouldn't serve. ;-) We lowered the "health bar" for some of the meals, but all survived. I meal planned this week to hopefully get back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! And, I think once all the "festivities" are over - including G1's early January birthday, I will be able to totally get back on track with meals! Until then I plan on doing the best I can though! =)

    ReplyDelete