Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Project Me 365: 52 Recipes




So far I am CRUSHING my goal of trying 52 new recipes for the year!  Part of it is the time of year, I am sure.  I tend to be much more of a homebody during the winter months and tend to want to cook/bake more often.  Also, I have been trying to limit my grocery shopping (at least monetarily) and reduce some of the lurkers in my freezer and cupboards!

Here are the recipes I have tried so far and what we thought of them!

1.  Tender & Easy Buttermilk Waffles
I had some leftover buttermilk that I wanted to use up and I received a waffle maker for Christmas so this seemed like a no brainer!  I am going to give this recipe a 4 out of 5 stars.  It was pretty close to a perfect waffle in my book!  I guess my only complaint is that the recipe didn't seem to make as many waffles as I hoped....then again it could be the fact I have a Belgian waffle maker now!

2.  Bacon & Chive Waffles
Yes, I may have been on a slight bit of a waffle frenzy at the beginning of the year!  LOL  Papa and I had this recipe with sour cream as our topping and it was delicious!  The only adjustment I would personally make is to up the amount of chives.  Also, next time maybe I would serve something like chili over this.  Definitely worth the effort!  4 1/2 out of 5 stars!

3.  Corn Muffins
I am a corn muffin junkie!  And, sadly, thus far I haven't been able to find a corn muffin recipe I can make at home that satisfies me.  I decided to try this recipe to go along with the chili I made for Papa and me Sunday night.  Sadly, I was very disappointed.  It could completely be my lack of baking expertise but these muffins came out extremely dense and sort of flavorless.  2 out of 5 stars.

4.  Easy Raspberry Muffins
In an effort to start using up the multitude of half used bags of berries in my freezer, I turned to this recipe yesterday afternoon.  Guppy 1 loves muffins for breakfast and, since we are running low on overall breakfast choices, I gave these a whirl.  MY GOODNESS!  These things are AH-MAZING!  Because, you know I had to taste one for quality control purposes of course.  LOL   G1 had one after dinner last night and decided she loved them too!   I 100% give these a 5 out of 5.  The texture was spot on and they have a nice little sour pop for the raspberry!  Perfection!


How about you?  Have you tried any good recipes lately?

I think next I'll set my sights on some actual meal recipes....

Happy Tuesday all!

1 comment:

  1. Muffins and waffles are way better than meal recipes! I think you are spot on in your trials!

    ReplyDelete