Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Project Me 365: Weight Loss Edition




Another thing I have decided to track in my Project Me 365 notebook is my weight.  I need to lose some major weight to get back into a "healthy" range.  I am hopeful that my walking/hiking goal will help me drop the pounds but obviously some changes need to be made in my eating habits too!

Anyway, my goal for 2017 is to lose 30 lbs....which in the grand scheme of things, isn't everything I need to lose but should be completely doable.  And, I headed back down the Pinterest hole to look for some visual ideas on how to track it!

I won't grace you with my (lack of) artistic abilities again - Haha!  Rather, I will just explain what I am doing...

On one sheet in my notebook, I have the word "Start" at the top with my current weight.  Then I mapped out thirty squares in a path - leaving room for extra spaces where I wrote the 5,10,15, 20, & 25 lb markers.  At the very bottom of the "pathway" I have written in HUGE letters "30 lbs!".  As I hopefully lose weight, I can fill in a square for each pound lost!

Rachel from over at Living Better One Day At A Time is also tracking her weight loss and is posting her weekly weigh ins so I decided to take a cue from her and do the same!  Starting on January 18th, I will be doing a little blurb every Wednesday about where I stand in my weight loss journey and will also give an update on how much "mileage" I am at of my 2473 mile goal!

Anyone else trying to lose weight? 


10 comments:

  1. That is awesome! So glad you are joining in. Hopefully we can encourage each other. Live the idea for keeping track of your weight loss. I have my weight listed on our master calendar in the kitchen so anyone who looks at it can see it. I also have been using stickers on the calendar for the days I have exercised (only missed one day this year so far!) Good luck on your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use all the encouragement I can get! LOL Would love to help you anyway I can! I think the sticker idea is awesome - you see it every day multiple times a day that way! Great job on your continued exercising too!

      Delete
  2. I'm in! I love the idea of the squares in a path in your planner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Can't wait to hear your progress next week too! =)

      Delete
  3. I posted my weigh-in post today:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/01/weigh-in-wednesday-11117.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that we can all encourage each other through blogging! =)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Well you know we are in close enough proximity to help each other out in real life too! =)

      Delete
  5. I am always trying to lose weight, unfortunately there isn't a diet in town I can't beat.

    ReplyDelete