Sunday, January 22, 2017

Saturday and Setting Up for a (Hopefully) Successful Week





How can it be Sunday already yet it felt like yesterday draaaaged on?!?!?

Anyway, about yesterday.....

Papa & I attended the baptism in the end.  And, let me tell you, those four and a half hours seemed like a week to me!  Papa & I kept mostly to ourselves and chatted for a long time with his aunt, mom, brother & brother's family, and our nephew who is visiting from the Midwest.  Even so, there were a few awkward moments...

Like when our niece's grandmother came up to us and told Papa she had to come say Hello to him and ignored me besides giving me the stink eye!  LOL  This woman and I had a HUGE fight over 18 years ago when, while at my inlaw's house,  she was instructed (by my father in law NOT me) to kindly smoke outside because I had my infant there.  The lady went BALLASTIC and neither my father in law nor I backed down on the issue.  She has HATED me since then....no big loss to be honest.

And like when I mentioned to our niece (the baptism child's mom) that I thought it was cute her little family  dressed in coordinating colors....only for us to be told that she in fact is no longer involved romantically with the baby's father since before Christmas....that she caught him looking for women online but they are still living in the same apartment for financial reasons....  Papa and I were at a loss for words.

After we got back home, we just tried to decompress and had a little "date night" for ourselves while the Guppies were out by renting the movie "Meet The Joneses".  The movie was okay but, truthfully, I think they showed all the funniest parts in the preview.  Still a nice few hours snuggling on the couch with my honey.



As for today....

Papa went into work for a few hours to oversee some more of the project he is working on.  This project should be over by the first week of March and just cannot wait for him to be able to take a day or two off.  We are both still so thankful he has this position that he loves but are also looking forward to him having a bit of down time too.

While he is at work, and I actually have some energy!, I am going to try to tackle some things around here like....

The mountain of laundry waiting to be washed
Ditto on the ironing
Searching the pantry and whipping up some sort of muffin for the Guppies to grab in the am
Loosely coming up with an idea for the week's meals
Overall tidying up of the house

This should be an interesting day considering that my energy is up but my dexterity is NOT!  I have dropped no less than six items already!  (Luckily nothing fragile)  This is nothing completely new as I have been dealing with this MS side effect from the beginning of my diagnosis.  It's my body telling me to make sure not to overdo it because I'm not completely done with whatever virus I have been fighting over the past week or two.  Papa calls it my "barometer".


With that, I'm off to see what I can do!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your energy is up. I have to rest a lot between projects. Getting used to the new normal. I baked today too! Working on photos.

    ReplyDelete