Friday, January 20, 2017

This & That....

What I wish I could be doing today....


Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday.  I'm still here!

Wednesday night's concert was extremely good!  I wasn't expecting much....Guppy 2 has kinda clubbed me to death with Twenty One Pilot's music before this!  Haha!  But, I was pleasantly surprised at the showmanship and artistry!  It was quite a cinematic experience....plus they can truly perform well live.  We got home about 45 minutes earlier than I was anticipating which made me happy since the kiddos still had midterms the next day!

Guppy 1's Wednesday night was a bit rougher...Her plan had been to spend the day at Ramsey's house (since his schedule was open Wednesday).  I dropped her off there after her midterm and Papa was to pick her up at nine that night.  Well, around 5pm she called me looking to be picked up because she was sick.....with the stomach bug!  Poor kid!  Papa had to leave work and get her since I was already heading to the concert.  I felt awful for her and Papa both since Ramsey lives 45 minutes away!  She was still sick on Thursday but only had one last midterm which she emailed the teacher about.  Thankfully he allowed her to turn it in online since it was a written essay.

I guess I should be careful for what I wish for though since I am not feeling "right" at all.  My MS symptoms usually flare before I get sick and my body has been buzzing all day today!  (I think I may have a fever too but cant tell for sure since I found out today that the thermometer needs to batteries!)  I guess all I can do is see what happens.  Lucky for me that Ramsey is coming to visit G1 this afternoon and offered to cook us dinner.  I'm happy that is taken off my plate for tonight.

It seems like a lot of my favorite bloggers have all caught a case of the blues....and I'm right there too!  Maybe part of it is lack of sunlight lately.  Maybe part of it is the fact that my dog kept me up quite a bit last night.  Maybe part of it is just the MS rearing its ugly head.  Who knows?

I refused to watch the inauguration today because I'm quite sure that would have made me feel much worse.  A lot of people whom I care for very much are in peril under this new administration and I am deeply worried about them.  Part of me would really love to take part in one of the marches taking place tomorrow but, unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to do it.  (especially with the dreaded baptism tomorrow too)  I WILL find a way to be productive and make a difference towards the causes that are important to me over the coming months/years however.



On a brighter note, I did have an "aha" moment yesterday....which is probably going to make most of you laugh.....

Ready?

I realized that I can watch YouTube videos about walking The Long Trail (one of my long term goals)!  There are so many to choose from!  And it seems I can learn virtually everything there is about taking on overnight/long distance hiking!  I was so excited that I told G1 about it.  She looked at me like I was an idiot and said "Geez Mom!  You didn't know that?"  Well no, G1, your mom was a little slow on the uptake.  I love reading all about it but there is something to be said for WATCHING someone demonstrate a water filtration system or pitching a tent or...you get the picture.  Watching those videos have helped my blues a little bit and have bolstered my motivation to get into shape.


Well, I guess that is it for now.  Sorry for the extremely boring post...hopefully I will be back with something more exciting this weekend?  Haha

Happy Friday!
Hope you are all well!





3 comments:

  1. Hope the blues leave you quickly. I have not had the television on today by design, and my hope (and I mean this sincerely) is that I am wrong and things work out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joined the no inaugeration watch as well, but more because I had a commitment. I am looking forward to spring more than I can remember. I hope your spirits pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have joined the didn't watch group as well. I understand it is history but not interested. And I wasn't home anyhow.
    It has been a really long week here and justve been feeling awful.

    ReplyDelete