Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Weighing In and Project Me 365 Progress.....


I'm joining Rachel over at Living Better One Day at a Time on losing weight!  Come join us!


(((Sigh)))

I'm going to be completely transparent here and let you guys know that I have gained .4 pounds since I last weighed myself on January 1st.  But, I feel like I *may* have lost weight this past week....I would have known if I wasn't so chicken to get on the scale last Wednesday.
The beginning of January isn't an easy time for me to start a weight loss program....There's too much leftover Christmas goodness (looking at you bags of chocolate!) and, then there is G1's birthday the first week of January.  Truth of the matter is that I have continued to overindulge....plain and simple.

But...

I'm also not going to give up!  Yes, I have had a rough start but that is certainly no reason to give up on weight loss for 2017! Onward and Upward and all of that!  LOL

Seriously though, I KNOW I can do this!  And I hope you all know that YOU can do it too!  Whatever it is that you want to achieve!  You fall down and you get up again...It's all part of the learning and growing process, right?



Project Me 365

As for the other areas of Project Me 365....

2473 Miles!
I have logged just 45 miles in so far.  I have been having some MS issues and a foot problem (which may or may not be MS related).  But, again, I am not going to despair!  It's January and I am sure to be able to make up some distance when I feel better and when the weather improves.  Until then, I will do what I can and be satisfied.  45 miles is still closer than ZERO!


Be Good To Yourself
Lately, I have been trying to work on forgiving myself when I'm not perfect.  Also I have been trying to allow myself to rest when needed.


365 Acts of Kindness
This week I gave my cart to an elderly lady at Aldi instead of returning it - of course not accepting the quarter from her either.
I helped another elderly lady get a case of soda off a large display in the grocery store.

52 New Recipes
I tried two more, bringing my total up to five for the year.

A copycat version of PF Changs Mongolian Beef which I give a solid five out of five on!
PF Changs Mongolian Beef

And, another Asian inspired beef dish...
Beef with Broccoli Stir Fry
which earned a five out of five too!



As I mentioned yesterday, G2 and friends have Twenty One Pilots tickets for tonight.  I spiked a fever overnight and have just been feeling super crappy overall so Papa offered to bring them instead of me.  But, fever is gone this morning and I am just really tired so I will push since  G2 really wants me to bring them.

But, for right now, I'm going back to bed for a little bit.

Happy Wednesday all!

8 comments:

  1. That's okay on your weight gain. Your body's weight can fluctuate as much as 1-2 pounds a day in either direction. I like your attitude of not giving up. Each day just take it a step at a time and if you mess up and stress eat, well just try a little harder the next day to be better. :) We all have bumps in the road, but with the right attitude we will do better! Good luck with the rest of your week. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully I think I am able to have a decent attitude because I am trying super hard to not constantly beat myself up mentally. Also, it was a tiny bit easier to swallow because it was less than a half a pound in the wrong direction.
      Thanks for the well wishes! Hope you have a great week too! =)

      Delete
  2. Feeling your pain. I want/need to lose weight too but I keep finding crap around here to eat. And Saturday I'm going to our city's annual Wine and Food show which is always so much fun and so many calories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think more than anything I am trying to find some balance. Have fun at the Wine and Food festival! It is only one day and I'm sure you can find ways to "make up" for it elsewhere. For me, I have to stop the "just one day" from being everyday! LOL

      Delete
  3. As you said, onward and upward. A small gain this week = motivation to better next week. I'm going over to take a look at the recipes you posted. We are soy-free at the moment so that rules out soy sauce but I have had success substituting coconut aminos - the last dish I made tasted better than it did when we made it with soy sauce. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that's "motivation to do better next week". Fingers flew too quickly across the keyboard! Wish you could lose weight via your fingers - I spend so much time on the computer, I should be a size 0 by now!

      Delete
    2. Losing weight from typing on the keyboard! Would that be just perfect?!?! LOL Have a great week too Pamela! =)

      Delete
  4. I feel like January is a month of transition (for me, coming down off the crazy eating of the holidays) that enables success for the rest of the year. I typically don't see big improvements in January, but it's more of a slow detox towards healthier choices. Basically, be patient. That's what I keep telling myself. :-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete