Sunday, January 15, 2017

What's Been Cooking?



Let's see what I have been able to piece together for dinner this week!


Sunday
Just Papa & me for dinner since G1 was in NYC to celebrate a birthday and G2 was at her boyfriend's.

Crockpot Chili
Homemade Corn Muffins


Monday
The four of us were home for dinner.

I had defrosted 1/2 a pork roast which ended up being extremely small.  So rather than cook it as a "roast" and possibly OVERcook it, I cut it into pork cutlets...

Pan-fried Pork Cutlets
Homemade chutney (made from leftover frozen berries lurking in freezer)
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Brussel Sprouts


Tuesday
Some marked down strip steak became the inspiration to try another new recipe...

PF Changs Mongolian Beef (copycat recipe)
Jasmine Rice
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies


Wednesday
  I have way to much pasta on my shelves!  With that in mind, I made...

Baked Ziti


Thursday
Four of us home for dinner...although no one was feeling super great.  Knowing I would be doing take out on Friday night, I chose something quick and easy:

Tacos with the fixings


Friday
Guppy 1 was out for the evening.  Guppy 2 had a bunch of friends over so:

Pizza



Saturday
Papa & I decided against going out for dinner...The biggest determining factor being we had a bigger late lunch.  So, we stayed in with G2 and we all had various soups purchased from The Soup Girl store earlier in the day:

G2 had Chicken Noodle
Papa had Sweet Potato Chowder
I had Broccoli/Potato/Leek



On a side note......I think I am going to revamp these posts a little.  I am going to add back in breakfasts and lunches (at least for what I eat).  And, I am going to try to add pictures when I remember.  I don't know about you but I kinda love looking at pictures of what other bloggers cook/eat!  LOL


Enjoy your Sunday!


1 comment: