Moving forward, I think I am going to start trying to do updates at the end of each month on my progress in certain areas and come up with a set of goals for the following month....
Since I didn't have a specific set of goals for February, I'm going to highlight the positives that did occur...
1. Groceries came in under $400 for the month
2. I was under for the gas budget for my car by almost $19.
3. I shaved $50/month off my cable bill.
4. I was able to read three books after being in a reading slump:
No Easy Way Out by Dayna Lorentz
No Dawn Without Darkness by Dayna Lorentz
What the Dead Want by Norah Olson
5. While I am not going to come close to hitting my 52 dates with Papa, we did have a nice night out together at a local Irish Pub thanks to a Groupon I scored before Christmas.
I am aiming for $450. I also need to restock quite a few things in the pantry so this is going to be interesting. But, I am determined!
I am budgeting $130 - this is for just my car. If I am able to stay under this, any money left will be rolled into a "Summer fund" for the extra driving I do in the summer.
I would like to read at least four books in March.
I have been far too lazy so far - okay some of it was due to illness but still I'm way off the mark for where I need to be.
1. Aiming for 5 miles per day minimum. I don't have a fitbit but my phone keeps track of my steps taken/miles walked. I have been using that for about a week now. While not perfect (I sometimes leave it on the table and forget to have it on me), it's a decent indicator of my level of activity.
2. Strength/Weight training twice per week.
3. Yoga once per week - try to find a beginner program on Netflix or YouTube
4. Limit diet coke to 2x per day - It really is my weakness.
5. Up water intake to at least 16 oz per day - baby steps here.
6. Weight loss - I'm hoping if I do the above I will see the scale move a decent amount. I'm aiming for a 5 lb loss in March.
1. Try to make tortillas or pita bread.
2. Try at least four new recipes in March.
1. Save/Earn at least $100 in March. Some of my ideas so far as to how to achieve this include selling things on Ebay and/or through consignment, bottle returns, money saved in grocery budget - if any, Swagbucks, Ibotta, and any of other shaving of bills I can find! I am also contemplating finding some part time work outside the house.
Start using a journal/calendar system again! It fell by the wayside in February and I can see how much I truly need it to stay on track with everything! I am a complete mess without it!
Those are where my goals stand for March! I'll post at the end of the month with an update on how I did!
Enjoy the last day of February everyone!