Saturday, February 25, 2017

February's Groceries This Week...


Just a quick reminder of where my grocery budget stands for February...

To help offset an expensive grocery bill in January, I am trying to stay at or below $300 for February.  What is included in my monthly budget?  Food, paper and cleaning products, and health/beauty items.  We are a family of four....Papa, Me, Guppy1 (18), and Guppy2 (14).  Plus we often will have an impromptu dinner guest or two thanks to the Guppies!  =)

At the end of last week, we saw that I was over my self imposed $300 goal for the month by  $51.34.
And I re-adjusted my monthly goal to stay at $400 or less.  (Still $100 to $150 less than what I normally budget for groceries each month.)
So, I had $48.66 or less to spend this week to make it!

Let's see how I did.....

Big Y:  $39.92
Take & Bake cheese pizza
1 package (5 pack) croissants
1 quart of buttermilk
1 quart of store brand milk (to be used for baking)
1 lb butter
1 package Cabot shredded cheddar
1 lb American cheese (deli)
1/4 lb olives
2 individual Friendly's sundae cups
1 can store brand cheese soup (for recipe I am trying this week)
1 Ortega taco kit
1 box store brand penne rigate
1 bottle Marie's dressing
1lb red onion
2 bagged salad mixes


Dollar Tree:  $5.19
Onion powder
Garlic powder
1 40 sq ft roll of tin foil
1 bag (5 count) better quality trash bags
1 (2 pack) sponges



Total Spent:  $45.11
Total Spent on February Groceries:  $396.45

While I am still over my aggressive original $300 budget, I DID make my second (adjusted) goal by the skin of my teeth!  I'm overall pretty happy with this...although I know there is always room for improvement.

4 comments:

  1. For a family of four I think you did very well. I feed 2 adults on $280 per month and usually have a bit left over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 100 a month per person is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete