Saturday, February 4, 2017

First Week of February Groceries



Here we are again!  Back to the drawing board with the grocery budget!  As I said in my January grocery wrap up post, I am breaking this back down into a weekly report.
I have also decided to take out all pet supplies from the budget but keep all paper products, health and beauty, and cleaning supplies.
That being said, I am shooting very low for this month to help make up for last month's overage.  I am going to try to keep the groceries at $300 or less.  Thanks to my parents' gift card and trip to Costco (see below),  I should be able to accomplish this.  Keyword:  should!
This week I had hope I would have done less shopping but I forgot about "the big game" on Sunday night!  Papa's favorite team (Steelers) aren't playing but we will still watch-mostly just for the commercials and half time show.  Also Papa's birthday is midweek next week and I gathered stuff for it this week since I heard the weathermen are predicting potential bad weather Tuesday into Wednesday.

CVS:  $9.18*
*I had some ECB's left and a 25% off coupon (for non-sale items).  I was a bit disappointed with how I did in the end but live and learn....and try not to get distracted by texts while shopping!  =)
2 2ltr bottle of Dr. Pepper
2 2ltr bottles of Diet Coke
1 box of Nature Valley Oatmeal Squares
1 box of Nature Valley Almond Butter Biscuits (for Papa's desk at work)
1 6pk of Gatorade
1 loaf of Pep. Farm Sandwich bread


Marshall's:  $6.33*
*after using gift card balance of $9.42
I have been trying to get "better quality" shampoos/conditioners and facial washes.  Since we were out of conditioner and wash, I went here first to see what I could find.
8 oz deep cleansing coconut milk facial wash
16 oz coconut water conditioner
And yes, I have "a thing" for coconut!  LOL


Stop & Shop:  $10.76*
*after using $50 gift card my mom gave me since G1's pictures were so much less than anticipated
2 lbs store brand butter
1 16oz sour cream
1 bag shredded mozzarella
1 bag shredded cheddar
1 18 count pack of eggs
1/2 lb deli American cheese
1 box TGIFriday's mozzarella sticks
1 box TGIFriday's jalapeno poppers
1 16oz bag frozen corn
1 16oz bag frozen broccoli cuts
1 small bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 6 pack of Snapple
2 large Powerades
4 lemon Ice drinks
1 large store brand Dijon mustard
1 large bag of Lays potato chips
1 box of Cheez Its
1 package of Perdue chicken nuggets
2.71 lb eye round roast
1 lb sweet potatoes
3lb bag of mandarin oranges
1/2 lb bananas


Dollar Tree:  $8.54
2 1ltr bottles of Coke
1 box of garbage bags
chili powder
2 packages of dry erase markers (white board in the kitchen)
2 packages of birthday candles (Papa's birthday is next week)


Stop & Shop:  $25.14
Package of "yesterday's" discounted assorted pastries - damn you afternoon hunger!  =)
1 lb of honey maple turkey
1 lb of deli American cheese - we have been going through a LOT
1/2 gallon ice cream
1 package of waffle fries
1 large bottle of Helmann's mayo
1/2 lb of plum tomatoes


Costco:  $0*
*total purchase price was $183.39!  Thanks Mom & Dad!
1 flat of Diet Coke
1 case (35 bottles) Gatorade
1 box (double pack) Cheez-Its
1 bag of Dark Chocolate Snappers (think chocolate covered turtles but with pretzels, chocolate, and caramel)
1 package (30 jumbo rolls) Charmin toilet paper
1 double pack of Skippy peanut butter
1 72oz bag of TollHouse chocolate chips
1 bag of mini colored peppers
1 10lb bag of Yukon Golds
1 double pack of chicken noodle soup (G2s favorite)
1 bag French green beans
1 large container of organic spring mix
1 large container of cremini mushrooms
1 jug of organic pure maple syrup
1 large jar of blueberry jam
4 lbs of butter
4 beef tenderloin steaks (for Papa's bday dinner)


Stop & Shop: $21.42
Costco didn't have the dressing I wanted/needed.  Plus, thanks to my poor planning, the chicken I needed for dinner was still a rock. (Remember we have no microwave)
3 small ciabatta loaves packaged together (reduced/on clearance  2 now in the freezer)
1/4 lb olives from olive bar
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
2 Marie's Blue Cheese dressing (Buy one/Get one Blue Cheese only. I'm thinking Super Bowl special?)
1 Marie's Thousand Island dressing
1 package croutons
1 package of chives


Big Y:  $71
2 blocks of cream cheese
1 carton (18) eggs
1 parmesan wedge
2 containers of hummus
2 1/2 gallons of ice cream
2 boxes of puff pastry
1 12 pack of Snapple
4 Ice sparkling water drinks
1 canister of store brand old fashioned oats
1 jar raspberry jam
2 containers of frosting
2 boxes of cake mix
1 loaf of bread
1 container of chocolate sprinkles
1 lb of bacon
1 bag of broccoli


Total Spent:  $152.37!!!!

Yowzah!

That hurt!  On the plus side, I really shouldn't need to grab any groceries AT ALL next week...Besides milk from the farmer's market next Saturday.
Truly, I have a ton of food now so there aren't any excuses as to why I can't cook from my kitchen...besides laziness!
I can definitely still make my $300 or under goal - as long as I stay OUT of the grocery stores for awhile!



2 comments:

  1. Tomorrow's meals will be quick and easy after a 20 hour day for all of us. I bought frozen pizzas and snacks. Lunch will be pancakes and eggs as we are all sleeping in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you were able to sleep in SAM! =) And I'm glad you enjoyed the chorus concert!

      Delete