Monday, February 27, 2017

Positively Monday!



Let's see if I can start this week off right by posting some positive things that have happened recently...


1.  Last night both Guppies made sure to be home to watch The Academy Awards with us - including all the pre red carpet hoopla!  Neither of them made it until the end (which they regretted this morning after all the controversy about Best Picture) but we watched 90% together as a family. 

2.  I was able to make our "Picky Party" dinner using things from the pantry and freezer items I never made for Super Bowl.

3.  I was able to get some decent walks in this weekend with Papa and the dog because the weather was pretty darn nice for the most part.

4.  I am almost completely caught up on laundry - for now!  LOL

5.  I sent Papa to work today with more than enough food to last him until the wee hours of the morning.  We also came up with a contingency plan should he be too tired to drive home.  I'm hopeful I will be able to sleep better this week knowing we have a plan.

6.  I stayed under my re-adjusted grocery budget of $400.....still a far cry from what a lot of people are able to accomplish but a nice win for me!

7.  I stayed under budget for gas too by $18.85 this month!  I should be able to hold off filling the tank until at least March 1st.

8.  I was able to turn off the heat completely this week for two consecutive days due to the crazy warm weather.

9.  This cold/crud thing I have been dealing with seems to finally be breaking and I am on the mend.

10.  After a quick look around my kitchen/pantry, I am pretty sure that I won't have to do ANY grocery shopping this week which is a nice way to begin March!


I think that's it for me.

Your turn!

Any positives you care to share?

2 comments:

  1. I love how you start the week with positives. I'm always amused at how people grumble about Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was one of the grumbling people too! LOL But, I think starting the week off by looking back on positive things helps counteract the grouchies! =)

      Delete