Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Positively Monday....Errrr...Tuesday!



Whoops!  I completely forgot to do my "Positively Monday" post yesterday!  Even though I posted yesterday and even acknowledged it was indeed Monday, my brain was still in weekend mode since the Guppies don't go back to school until tomorrow.

So, better late than never.....

Here are my list of positives this week!

1.  My house is still filled with yummy meal possibilities so I hopefully won't be going out for much in the way of groceries this week!  I DO need to grab more butter (will probably go to Aldi for it).  I also need a three things from the dollar store:  garbage bags, tin foil, and new dish sponges.

2.  Papa and I had a nice dinner on Saturday night that didn't break the bank!  We both got delicious dinners rather than burgers and (thanks to Groupon!) still spent a little under thirty bucks.  And well worth the money since Papa is going to be working C-R-A-Z-Y hours to finish his current work project!  Just yesterday, he left at seven am and didn't get home until after ten pm!  He is salary so there's no overtime benefits BUT his dedication has been noticed and should help in the long run with raises and promotions.

3.  I had sticker shock when opening my cable bill!  It was considerably more than it has been in the past!  I gave a call yesterday and some of my "promotion prices" have expired.  We are a family that still cannot completely cut the cable cord.  BUT, I did cut out our ShowTime subscription (promo ran out and our favorite show ended anyway) and another Movie package (nothing premium just channels like Sundance).  Doing this is saving me $30/month.  Then the woman "looked" for other promotions for me and "found" one for an additional $20 through August.  When August comes, I will call again to see if there are any new promos AND there is another "add on" kids package I will re-evaluate removing since the Guppies are getting older.  Until then I shaved $50 off the monthly bill so I'm happy about that!

4.  My workspace (aka the dining room table) is cleaned off again!  G1 and Ramsey cleaned it off of their Gap Year stuff completely before heading off to Ramsey's house yesterday.  I'm not a neat freak by any stretch but I was getting a little antsy having "MY" space being invaded....Plus we couldn't eat there either! 

5.  The weather this week is supposed to be on the warmer side which means most of the snow will be completely gone.  And, I'm planning on getting out in the sunshine as much as possible!  The weather is supposed to get into the 60's on Thursday so I may even air out the house a bit!  It may help get some of the crud germs out of here right?  =)


So there are my Monday positives on this Tuesday afternoon!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go on the cable bill. I find even talking to the folks at Comcast enough to make me spitting mad. We actually don't have cable, but we do have a higher-speed internet package and we've had to call about outages and problems in the line. It's exasperating. So I'm super impressed that you managed to get out of that conversation with a $50 reduction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Our cable options here are extremely limited and people in my neighborhood haven't had a lot of success with satellite dish companies either. So, I guess moving forward I need to stay super pro-active with monitoring this bill.

      Delete
  2. I am ready to cut the cord, but TheHub is not on board yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is probably more ready than the rest of us actually.

      Delete
  3. I constantly fight the clutter on my dining room table...but have no one to blame but myself! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually me too! I really should have taken a picture of the "project" they were working on. The stacks were like two feet high! LOL

      Delete