Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day....





So, Papa and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day....We did once - the first year we were dating.  After that first (overpriced) year, we spent VD at home - usually cooking a nice meal home together.  After having the Guppies, even those nice quiet meals have been sporadic over the years. 

Today, I thought I would try to bring back having a nice meal.  While it won't be a completely quiet evening home (G1 is home sick with the stomach bug), I hope it will still be a nice gesture to my hard working husband!

After looking in my pantry and fridge, I decided upon Le Cellier's Mushroom Risotto.  (In case you don't know, Le Cellier is the fancy restaurant in the Canada portion of Epcot in Walt Disney World.)  At first I thought I was being super frugal but quickly realized there was a chance I wouldn't have quite enough of some of the ingredients to make it! A quick trip to the store remedied that.  I spent under $20 for ingredients (and will probably have leftovers for the pantry).  In the end, that's not bad for a Valentine's Day dinner - certainly a LOT less that going out tonight.

For a sweet treat finish, I pulled out six unfrosted chocolate cupcakes from my freezer.  I have the ingredients on hand for a simple homemade buttercream frosting.


Anyway, I am joining with Rachel over at Living Better One Day at a Time with the Valentine's Day questionnaire she found on Facebook.  Hope you will join in the fun! 



Who's the oldest?: Papa by two years
Who was interested first?: Him, considering I was engaged to my high school sweetheart when I met him!
Same high school?: Nope

Most sensitive?: Definitely me
Worst temper?: Me
Most social?: Him
Hardest Working?: Him
Most stubborn?: Me

Most sarcastic?: Him
Causes the most mess?: Definitely ME!
Wakes up first?: During the week, I do.  Papa is usually up before me on the weekends.
Biggest family?: Him I guess but I have a LOT more second and third cousins
Who cooks the most?: Me
Who cries more?: Me
Best singer?: Neither
Hogs the remote?: Equal I think
Best driver? He is by far!  Especially in bad weather!
Better cook?: He probably is to be honest
Spends the most money?: I guess me since I am usually the one making most of the purchases?
Smartest?: Him
Most common sense?: Him
How long have you been together?: We met in college in 1991.


If you celebrate, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!  Otherwise, happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. My turn!

    Who's the oldest?: J 5 years on me
    Who was interested first? I think we were both
    Same high school?: Nope
    Most sensitive?: Definitely me
    Worst temper?: Him
    Most social?: Me
    Hardest Working?: Me
    Most stubborn?: Him
    Most sarcastic?: Both
    Causes the most mess?: Definitely ME!
    Wakes up first?: During the week, J. Weekends me
    Biggest family?: J
    Who cooks the most?: Equal
    Who cries more?: Me
    Best singer?: Me
    Hogs the remote?: J
    Best driver? He is by far! Especially in bad weather! Agreed!
    Better cook?: J. Culinary degree. Was a caterer when we met
    Spends the most money?: J
    Smartest?: Him
    Most common sense?: Equal
    How long have you been together?: 20 years

    ReplyDelete