Sunday, February 12, 2017

What's Cooking?



I have yet to find my groove for this weekly post!  But, bear with me as I continue to try to chronicle what we actually eat every week!


Sunday
All was quiet in the house as neither Guppy was home for a good chunk of the day!

Brunch:
Papa and I split a very large (6 egg!) mushroom, onion, and American cheese omelet!  So yummy!  We also each had a slice of buttered toast.

Dinner:
Again, just Papa and me.  "Super Bowl" snacks:
Baked Potato Skins with sour cream and blue cheese
HomeDimade onion dip with potato chips
Loaded nachos with vegetarian chili
Vanilla ice cream sundaes


Monday
G2 had slept at her BFF's so breakfast and lunch for school were graciously taken care of by them!

Breakfast:
G1:  Cinnamon Cream Cheese Rolls
Papa:  Yogurt with homemade granola, mandarin orange
Me:  Peanut butter toast

Lunch:
G1:  Eggs with toast
Papa:  Blackened chicken salad
Me:  Onion dip with chips (((blush)))

Dinner:
I got back from the mall with G1 right around dinner time.  I was tired and frustrated since we were unable to get the undergarment she needs for the dress she is wearing on Thursday.  I really wanted to throw in the towel and grab a pizza....but didn't!
All four of us had...
Puffed Pancake
Bacon
Homemade diner style homefries


Tuesday
Yucky weather day!  Guppies had a two hour delay due to freezing rain and chose to sleep in rather than having a nice breakfast like I offered to make them!

Breakfast:
G1:  Egg McMuffin style sandwich
G2:  Hashbrowns
Papa:  Yogurt with homemade granola at work
Me:  Peanut Butter toast

Lunch:
G1:  Went out prom dress shopping with a friend after school. Ran in the house, grabbed a bag full of Cheez-Its and left.  Lovely....But, honestly I'm glad she went out with a friend shopping!
G2:
Papa:  Vegetable chili with tortilla chips
Me:  I really wanted to make myself some spaghetti with sundried tomatoes.  BUT, I had a salad instead to use up some of the salad greens....I added some sundried tomatoes to it since I decided I really wanted that more than the spaghetti part!  It did the trick too!

Dinner:
G2:  Pasta with garlic, olive oil, and parmesan
G1, Papa, and Me: Vegetable fried rice


Wednesday
I didn't get a chance to update this post throughout the day on Wednesday.  And, honestly, most of the day was a complete blur due to running around and prepping for Papa's bday.
Here's what we did have for...
Dinner:
Beef Wellington
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Yams
Roasted Balsamic Baby Beets
Yellow FunFetti birthday cake with Chocolate Frosting (Guppies chose for Papa LOL)


Thursday
Snow day here!  Papa did head off to work and will be staying there late most likely.  Guppy 1 is at Ramsey's house.
Breakfast:
G2:  Hashbrowns with syrup
Me:  Nothing.  My stomach was feeling off.
Papa:  Yogurt with granola at work

Lunch:
G2: Chicken nuggets and popcorn
Me:  PB&J, a handful of potato chips, slice of leftover birthday cake
Papa:  ????  Since we didn't have leftovers, I put some money in his wallet so he could get lunch (and possibly dinner) at either the hospital cafeteria or nearby restaurant - if they are open.

Dinner:
Feeling very tired and uninspired so an easy dinner of:
Chicken noodle soup (from Costco and stashed in freezer)
Grilled cheese sandwiches

G2 was less than impressed but I was tired from shoveling.  It filled and warmed our tummies so I call it a win!

Friday
Breakfast:
Papa:  Oatmeal and an orange at work
G2 & I opted to wait until lunch to eat.  G2 slept in late since school was cancelled and I went back to sleep after writing a blog post and didn't get up again until around 9:45 am!

Lunch:
Papa:  Pasta salad
G2: Pasta salad & S'more bar for "dessert"
Me:  I wanted "something" that I just couldn't define.  I opted for "warm" and "junky".  Mozzarella sticks dipped in blue cheese.  Yeah, yeah I know.  Not good!  Well, delicious but you know...

Dinner:
Cheese pizza for all of us!


Saturday
Breakfast:
Papa & Me:  French toast (and Papa had bacon with his)
G2:  Grilled Cheese and bacon sandwich - she had this as "brunch" since she got up so late AGAIN - the life of a teenager! LOL

Lunch:
G2 went to a friend's house.
While out running errands, we stopped at our favorite soup spot, The Soup Girl, to bring some deliciousness home!
Papa:  Jambalaya inspired soup
Me:  Creamy Mushroom soup

Dinner:
G2 was still at her friend's house.
Papa & Me:  Spaghetti and Meat Sauce - using up 1/2 box of spaghetti, the leftover sauce from Friday's pizza, and the last (very small) package of ground beef from the freezer.



So there was our week in food!

I'm super excited about tonight's dinner because Papa is making Alton Brown's Bourbon and Gingersnap Crusted Ham with the ham I bought on sale before New Years.  YUUUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment