Thursday, March 16, 2017

Day Book March 16, 2017 and Gas & Garbage

Trying my best to remember this right now!



Outside my window....
I see a ton of white!  Especially built up around my driveway where the snowplows seem to always dump the brunt of it!  Ah, the joys of living on a corner!  LOL  Schools were off both Tuesday and Wednesday but there still isn't a ton of foot or car traffic out there.  I'm guessing most people decided to drive their kids to school today rather than having them struggling at one of the bus stops!

I'm hearing....
the dog snoring on the living room couch (as usual!), the washer and dryer both doing their thing, and the TV on in the family room - Ramsey is still here and is binge watching a Netflix show while G1 is at school.

I'm wearing....
I'm a real fashion plate at the moment!  I have on baggy pink LL Bean long john bottoms, a black long sleeved t-shirt, and a white cardigan.  (The t-shirt and cardigan are what I wore all day yesterday!)  I guess this means Ramsey is "part of the family" now since I don't care about wearing this "outfit" around him.  Haha!

I'm feeling....
I'm not doing so well right now.  To be completely truthful, I'm pretty depressed and a bit scared.  I have been having a lot of problems with my left (dominant side) leg - not being able to "lead" with it while walking up/down stairs, intense pain when I move it "wrong" or getting into or up from a crouched position, getting into bed using my left leg first, etc.  Originally, I thought it was possibly a strain from walking the dog since she tends to yank at times.  But, it's not getting any better.  I keep trying to trudge through and "ignore" it the best I can.  But, it's getting harder to do that with each passing day.  This definitely could be an MS thing and it's scaring me.  When I was first diagnosed with MS, I worried about two things - being unable to process words correctly (which happens when I can't think of very simple words at times) and being unable to walk.  Even if this leg thing is MS related, I know it will most likely heal since I have Relapsing Remitting MS.  BUT, it would also mean that it's a new lesion since I haven't ever had this issue before AND it could come up when I get flare ups.  I have decided to give myself through the weekend to see if it feels better at all.  If not, I'll call my neurologist.  There isn't much he can do for it anyway, even if it is MS related.  He would order a new MRI to document a new lesion and possibly put me on steroids to help with the healing process...I say possibly because there is some debate as to whether it is more helpful to allow lesions to scar over on their own without medicinal help.

I'm reading....
Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman which I borrowed from the library.  I absolutely LOVE Neil Gaiman so I'm really excited about reading this book!  I just finished a book from my huge Kindle collection titled Colony of the Lost by Derik Cavignano with which I was pretty impressed.  I usually don't have high expectations for book I have amassed on my Kindle since they are usually of the free or 99 cents variety.

From the kitchen....
Right now I have Tuesday night's chicken carcass simmering away in the crockpot with some black peppercorns, salt, garlic, onions, and carrots to make much needed chicken broth.  I found a recipe for potato soup that I would like to try but needed to make the broth first!  After I type this up, I have to clean up my poor kitchen too! With the kids home the past two days (and having extra kids around), my kitchen (and our mouths!) have been getting quite the workout!  I also still have to decide what I'm making for dinner tonight....unless I ask Ramsey to cook since he's going to be here until tomorrow night I think.  =)

About Stella the snowstorm....
We survived, obviously LOL!  The state had a HUGE range of snowfall amounts.  My section had an "average" of about a foot or so.  We were lucky to keep our power the whole time, which I hadn't expected to happen.  Papa stayed home from work on Tuesday. And, like I mentioned above, the Guppies didn't have school Tuesday or Wednesday.  I was less than excited about this March snow.  I truly wished it had happened in January or February when this type of thing is more expected!
Oh, and as for that lonely loaf of bread?  Almost the entire thing is still left!  =)




Gas
As of last week's posting, I had $101.75 left in the gas budget for my car.  Last Thursday I filled up for $28.18 which leaves $73.57 for the rest of the month.  My car currently has a little under 1/2 tank so I will most likely fill up at some point this weekend.  I think I am doing really well in this category and should be able to stay well under budget.

Garbage
I peeked in the garage and counted FIVE thirteen gallon kitchen sized bags in the garbage cans!  YIKES! It definitely hasn't been a great week here garbage wise!  But, that does include one full bag of cage/litter waste from our bunny and ferret since I cannot compost during the winter months.  Also included is one bag of miscellaneous "crap" from when the Guppies cleaned their rooms.  Plus, I think one bag may be from when G2 cleaned up after having her little sleepover party last weekend.  I know I haven't been nearly as on top of this as I should have been. As bad as it sounds, I'm just grateful that my family is helping straighten/clean up right now since my health is such a mess.  Hopefully I will be back on track next week!


And, with that, I'm slowly off to take care of my "to do" list.
Have a great Thursday all!

10 comments:

  1. My heart aches for you with dealing with MS. As a nurse, I've had several patients with it. I'm glad that you continue to have such a positive attitude as I know with any disease, that can make such a huge difference.
    Good job on keeping your fuel costs down! Do you roll the extra to the next month or will it go towards something else?
    Glad you survived Stella. My DH happens to be working out that way and said it was indeed a nasty storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I try to keep my spirits up but there are days you just can't help feeling down a bit.
      As for the fuel, my car is more of the "family" car so any money I am able to save per month, I am putting into a summer gas fund. Summertime my driving ramps up with a lot of day trips so I have motivation to create a cushion before then to offset the difference. =)

      Delete
  2. I think the bread non use is a hoot. To me if you have way to cook when it is snowing everyone chooses anything but a sandwich for meals
    Sorry you are feeling a bit down right now. The bright side of life is always the way to look if you can,
    You are smart to put your "winter" gas money into the summer gas budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I agree about the bread thing too! But, you know if I did NOT have any bread at all....well that's what they would have wanted! ;)
      This is the first year I am "smartening up" about the gas money! I hope it works!

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear your leg is hurting you. I hope it will get better over the weekend. Maybe you should rest it rather than go through the day as usual? I hope you will check with your neurologist next week, anyway. Sending healing thoughts your way. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless! My plan is to try to relax as much as possible this weekend. It's hard because I am ***really*** understanding what a control freak I can be! Haha! And, while I don't comment very often on your blog, I do read it regularly! =)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry your having so much pain. I have arthritis flare ups and my left knee just won't cooperate, but not how you describe. I had to use an extra 5 gallons of gas this month as I split my day of over two Fridays and no telecommuter days the first two weeks of the month. I'm really ofg today though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. While the pain is an issue, I think it's really affecting my psyche quite a bit too. But, I'm trying to bounce back emotionally and will take it easy over the weekend as much as possible. Alternating Tylenol and Motrin has given me a bit of relief but, it doesn't eliminate the little bolts of pain that wriggle up and down my left leg.

      Delete
  5. So sorry you are dealing with this issue with your leg. I hope you have found some relief and that if this is a flare up that it passes sooner rather than later. (Sorry I didn't respond yesterday but I was offline and out of town.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! No true relief yet but I am going to try to take it easy this weekend...and limit my time going up and down our stairs - which aggravates my leg. Have a great weekend! =)

      Delete