Friday, March 24, 2017

Groceries This Week (March 2017)


I am striving to keep my grocery bill to $450 or under for March. I am aiming for $100 less than a "normal" budgeted month.  Don't know if it can happen, but, I'm game to try!  =)
What is included in my monthly budget?  Food, paper and cleaning products, and health/beauty items.  We are a family of four....Papa, Me, Guppy1 (18), and Guppy2 (14).  Plus we often will have an impromptu dinner guest or two thanks to the Guppies!  =)
Last week, I had $77.10 left  for the month.
Let's see how I did this week....



Stop & Shop:  $57.56
1 small salad from salad bar
1 container of Simply Orange OJ
1 twin pack of Philly cream cheese
1 package of prepared pizza dough
2 (16 oz each) packages of store brand frozen corn
1 bottle veg oil
1 canister of store brand fried onions
1 (100 count) paper napkins
1 marked down fresh mozzarella
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 packages Perdue chicken nuggets
2 good sized pork tenderloins (buy one/get one)
1 bag popcorn chicken
1 (5lb) bag of Russet potatoes
1 package sliced shitakes
1 sleeve (6 pack) garlic cloves



*Opting to not go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow.  We still have an unopened milk and a full unopened yogurt for Papa.  The market starts back up outdoors next week so we will go then! (Also it will be the beginning of a new month's budget so perfect timing! LOL)



Total spent:  $57.56
Left for March groceries:  $19.54!

It's going to be a close one but I'm fairly sure I can do it!  =)

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I think you did great! You got a lot of stuff for what you spent. I've heard good things about Stop and Shop but I've never had the privilege of living near one. I would love if the pork roasts would go on sale for buy 1 get 1. My family loves it when I just stick a pork roast in the crock pot with a cup of water and sprinkle dry onion soup mix on top. I like it too cause its one of the easiest meals I can prepare.
    We can't wait til the little outdoor farmers market opens up here, but it's not opening til May so we have to hang on a little longer. :)
    Great job with your budget, Traycee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but, honestly, my parents did make it easier with the help they gave us this month.
      While the farmers market is going to be back outdoor starting April 1st, I don't think we are going to be seeing too much in the way of fresh spring veggies just yet. However, I love the outdoor step up so much more so that makes me excited. =)

      Delete
  2. Great shopping! I still have all 14 bucks of my 100 dollar month left but we are going to the lake this weekend and I know TheHub will want to go shopping in "town" while we are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Have fun at the lake house this weekend! =)

      Delete
  3. Great planning, which I know is essential.I'm left with $33 if I'm going to make my $300, super aggressive household and grocery bill, $50 less than my regular target. Cupboards and freezer is getting bare, so I will need to really plan-taking cues from you and Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking cues from me? Nah, SAM, you are killing it with such a small budget this month! And, don't forget, I will readily admit that my parents helped make hitting my target much easier - even though I didn't ask them to help, it was super appreciated!
      Good luck with ninja grocery shopping to make your goal....You GOT this! =)

      Delete