Friday, March 31, 2017

I Just Want a *$@!&*^% Creme Egg!!!



I'll be back later this afternoon or evening with my March Recap post but I had to share this with you this morning....


Yesterday was a very aggravating day....


The dog pulled me around like a ragdoll during our walk thanks to poorly timed interactions with other dogs.  (She's not aggressive and only wants to play)

The tension shower rod fell on me while I was taking a shower....THREE TIMES!

I messed up my medication and double dosed myself.  (Not dangerous beside a major tummy ache)

I went to the mall to return something....realizing when I got there that I actually forgot said item at home.

I was running behind schedule and wasn't going to be able to stop home to eat lunch before bringing G1 to a ninety minute appointment.

So, yeah....

After leaving the mall parking lot, I ran across the street to Target to grab a new journal for myself (free with an earned gift card).

And there they were...
Displayed and ripe for the picking!
And smelling delicious!
My arch-nemesis...
The Cadbury Crème Egg!

I wanted one (or ten!) so badly!

I texted Papa and complained about the morning.
And I complained that I wanted that damn crème egg!
I told him that I was going to buy one too!

But he talked texted me down from the ledge.
And I left Target with my new journal and crème egg free!

Thanks to Papa I didn't go down the slippery (but delicious) slope.
And, I told myself I could have one before Easter...
But I didn't need one now.


Oh and as for lunch?  Rather than grabbing fast food for us, I went to Stop & Shop.  I grabbed sushi for G1 and a premade Boars Head sandwich from the deli area for me.  (Counted in the eating out budget rather than groceries)

I am determined to not let "life" get in the way of my weight loss goals this time!

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Yeah you! Frustrating days are the enemy of healthy eating. I nodded reading your dog comments. Pup is only 16-18 pounds, but he sure can pull me-like a rag doll, and loves to see the other dogs as well. Social butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And frustrating days usually did me in so this is a step in the right direction for sure! Wanna trade dogs for a few days? I think you will want your little one back pretty quickly! haha!

      Delete
  2. Good job on resisting the crème egg and fast food!! It is so hard...I will be honest that I bought a pack of the new reeses cups with reeses pieces in them- total impulse purchase at the grocery store this morning as I was checking out. So you did much better than me! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't beat yourself up Rachel -- you are rocking the weight loss so far! And, it is all about lifestyle changes right? I'll have the crème egg at some point but I think it's better to have it when I am NOT stressed out since that's when I usually turn to junk food. As for the fast food, it was my go to for an easy fix to the problem - another habit I need to break! =)

      Delete
  3. My husband always keep healthy snacks in the car for emergencies and he's good about tossing a small personal cooler with cold water or some other good drink in the car on days he knows he'll be out and about. Me - not so much. lol. French fries are my big downfall. As for the Cadbury Eggs I know what you mean. Just bought my two grown sons each a 5 pack at WalMart. They love them as a once a year treat. Ever since they were little. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should take notes from your husband! I really should have known there may be a possible time crunch before I went out initially! Thankfully, the original crème eggs are only easily available for a short period of time....if they were accessible year round, I would be in BIG trouble! haha

      Delete
  4. You're good! I gave into the stress need for a donut in the drive thru on Friday morning and then some stress induced Mcdonald lunch at 2:30 the same day. I have to put a snack bag in the car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me it wasn't easy! Plus, like I said, my husband had to talk me off the ledge! LOL
      Honestly though, the pain in my leg is a decent motivator to try my best to stay on track!

      Delete