Thursday, March 30, 2017

March Groceries This Week With End of Month Total









I am striving to keep my grocery bill to $450 or under for March. I am aiming for $100 less than a "normal" budgeted month.  Don't know if it can happen, but, I'm game to try!  =)
What is included in my monthly budget?  Food, paper and cleaning products, and health/beauty items.  We are a family of four....Papa, Me, Guppy1 (18), and Guppy2 (14).  Plus we often will have an impromptu dinner guest or two thanks to the Guppies!  =)
Last week, I had $19.54 left  for the month.
Let's see how I did this week....


Dollar Tree:  $5.19
1 box of aluminum foil
1 box cling wrap
2 smallish pouches of fruit & nut mixes (to use for granola making)
1 container of gel dishwasher (they didn't have the powder that I usually buy)


Big Y:  $11.54
I went in because we desperately needed butter but took advantage of a few deals while there...
1 lb butter
2 half gallons of G2's favorite flavor of ice cream (thankfully not MY favorite flavor! LOL)
1 container of chocolate sprinkles (for above ice cream)
1 box Frosted Mini Wheats


Farmer's Market is on April 1st so it will count towards April's budget...

Total Spent This Week:  $16.73
Total Spent for March Groceries:  $447.19!!!!

I actually am under budget this month!!!!

I know my parents helped make that easier but I'm still super pleased!

How did things turn out for your March grocery budget?

4 comments:

  1. Well done! I am 10.50 above my March budget of 100. I am fine with that and we did use a ton of stuff from the freezer. I am gong to need milk today so I will be a little under 15 bucks over budget, but that is all I need through Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 over budget of 100 bucks? That's a win! I could NEVER get it that low! At least not with the four of us and our revolving door of guests! =)

      Delete
  2. Good job👍🏻 I'm hoping to spend very little in April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda! My list of groceries for April is very long already! I will probably bump myself back up to my normal $550 to try to stockpile a little.

      Delete