Monday, March 20, 2017

Positively Monday!




Apparently I need this weekly post more than even I realized!  LOL

I can feel the grumpies overtaking my mood so let's see what positives I can come up with to negate it!


1.  My leg is slowly on the mend!  Papa helped out a ton this weekend so I could rest up and it made a decent difference.  While I still can't "lead" with my left foot while walking, it doesn't hurt quite as much,  I am beginning to walk downstairs one at a time again as well - rather than stepping on each step with both feet, if that makes any sense.  Plus, I am trying to batch chores together so I can stay on each floor for a good amount of time rather than taxing myself going up and down the stairs constantly. 

2.  I have cut way back on the Tylenol/Motrin regimen for my leg pain.  Even though it's over the counter, I hate taking meds!  I also never needed to add the valium in to sleep!  So YAY there!

3.  I have very giving parents!  I am very grateful to have the extra food in the house for so many reasons....not just the freebies of it either!  It's great to have organized meals that can be easily prepared.

4.  G1 had a great weekend!  She was in a new social situation and isn't always good with that type of thing due to her social anxiety.  But, this weekend went very well!  She was able to handle even the bumps and hopefully feels more confident!

5.  G2 had a very nice weekend as well!  I had given her $35 to use but she and her boyfriend chose free things to do!  Last night she asked if I wanted the money back even - honest kid!  I told her to keep it since it's a long weekend coming up - Friday is a teacher inservice day.  So, I guess in a way, I  saved some money too since I don't have to give her anymore this weekend!  =)

6.  G2 and I went for a nice night drive on Friday night after she came home from her boyfriend's.  It was great to have time just the two of us and we had a really awesome uninterrupted 90 minute conversation.  =)  Some may say it's a waste of gas but for me, it's precious time to spend with my growing Guppies.

7.  I have reached a little more than the half way goal of wanting to "earn" $100 this month.  I cashed out my consignment account's balance of $28.28 and ordered a $25 Target gift card from Papa's rewards credit card.  I still have a few more tricks up my sleeve so I have a decent shot of surpassing this goal - if I can get my act together!  =)

8.  The plethora of free/cheap magazines I was able to score at the beginning of the year are starting to be delivered!  Perfect timing as it gives me something to do during the short rest periods I take throughout the day for my leg.

9.  We have been having a successful run of new recipes for the most part.  =)

10.  I did a quick averaging of the steps I have been taking, using my cellphone's counter.  While not perfect (since I sometimes walk around the house without the phone in my pocket), I still feel like it's a fairly accurate depiction of my activity.  So far, this month I have walked an average of 8613 steps per day.  It's much lower than I would like BUT I'll take it considering the snow and my decline in mobility for a good portion of the month.

And, with that, I am starting to feel a little more optimistic today!

Happy Monday!

10 comments:

  1. This was a very happy post for me to read. Glad you are starting to feel better. Glad the girls had good weekends ANDthat you got some one on one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie! I am quite glad I took the time to write rather than sit and stew about my other post. =)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that you starting to feel a little better! Yay to not needing the valium. You're girls sound awesome and honest. I never view quality time (even when driving) as a waste of gas. One on one time is priceless! Great progress on your savings goal! I enjoy those types of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Usually I don't view it as a waste of gas either, especially when I have great talks with the girls and drive by a location that is special to me..in this case we drove by my grandparents' old house where I spent most of my childhood. And I like those challenges too since it feels less overwhelming! =)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that your leg is starting to feel better. And you're getting an awesome amount of steps. I'm happy if I reach my goal of 7000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am striving for more steps because we like to hike a lot in the summer and I'm trying to get as much exercise as I can so I am in a good position for the summer.

      Delete
  4. I am so glad you found some positives for the week. You can always make more money but you can't make more time. Money for gas equals time with your daughter and that is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I feel the same way! =)

      Delete
  5. I totally agree with Anne! Life changes so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! And, I think it's finally hitting me as my oldest (G1) is graduating from high school this year!

      Delete