Sunday, March 19, 2017

Semi- Recap of Dinners Last Week & Slow Sunday Prep Day....



I didn't keep up with my usual menu/food post for last week but here are the highlights of dinners...that I can remember (in no particular order)....

One day (Thursday I think) we did take out Chinese.

Orange Brined Roast Chicken with mashed potatoes, roasted yams, and bacon Brussel sprouts (Tuesday)

Corned Beef with mashed potatoes

Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Olive Bread (last night)

Cheeseburgers & Fries

Oh, and homemade Cheesecake for dessert a few days!  YUUUUMMMY!

Honestly that's all I can remember!  But, I do know we had everything else at home besides the one take out day.

This week I hope to keep better track of it all.







Today's prep work for the week is going to be slow going.  First, my leg is still bothering me but not quite as much thanks to Papa helping out yesterday!  I would be shocked if it wasn't MS related though, because as the constant ache has started to go away, I can feel more of the little electric ripples going up and down my leg.  (Electrical ripples are typical MS signs for me.  BUT they aren't usually accompanied by pain.)  I'm trying not to complain too much though because it's starting to get better overall I think.
However....
Sometimes it feels like I just can't win healthwise!
Last night, right when I was done cleaning up the kitchen from dinner, it was like someone flipped a switch in me!  I got shaky, cold, and felt like I was going to throw up.  It was only seven o'clock and I went straight to bed anyway.  I slept through but Papa said I was feverish all night.  This morning I woke up feeling meh but not as bad as last night.  I'm going to try to pace myself and make sure the most important items get done today:

Iron Papa's laundered work shirts
Wash/Dry two more loads of laundry
Figure out easy breakfasts for the Guppies this week - bake muffins or mini cherry turnovers?
Update calendar for next week
Pull bacon out of freezer - DONE (needed for the bacon broccoli cavatelli I'm making)

There is SO much more I want to add to this list but I'm stopping it there.  I need to try to rest more today if I am able.  Papa's project (while mostly done) has been having some snafus and he's been having later nights again (usually between 8 to 10pm) which will most likely continue through this week.  I have to try to be as close to my A game as possible for this week to ensure everything runs smoothly.

With that I'm off! 

Hope you all have a nice Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment