Friday, March 10, 2017

Winter's Wimpy Return and That's a (Mostly) Wrap!



Sorry for the lack of post yesterday....It was errand day around here and, coupled with the threat of a snowstorm for today, every place I went was jammed with people!  Unfortunately, I HAD to be out there with them since I needed to grab pet and people food.  LOL

As for the snowstorm we got today?  Wimpy at best!  The road outside my house (and even my driveway) are still completely blacktop so the snow seems to only be sticking the grass and trees  The Guppies did have school cancelled today - more because of the timing of the storm, not the amount.  They are happy for the long weekend but, you know the storm was a bust, when I say they should have gone to school and I would still go out driving right now.  (I am a BIG baby when it comes to driving in bad weather!)

It is nice to have them home today because, when the movie they are watching is over, I am putting them to work cleaning their rooms!  LOL  G2 especially since she is having a bunch of people over to hang out tomorrow - with the girls invited staying overnight.

Papa's big project at work in officially (mostly) over!  There are now things that have to be fixed/checked computer wise on the back side of course but the "big stuff" is done.  As a matter of fact, it's almost 11am and the poor guy just got out of bed to have breakfast - the hours have finally caught up with him.  LOL  (He's going into work for noon today and will be home at a regular hour!)  He was figuring out how much time he has put in over the course of the last three weeks and it's astounding - He was averaging SEVENTY TWO HOURS!  Can you imagine if he wasn't salary?  All that extra $$$$?  LOL   The three consultants gave rave reviews to Papa's boss about him - which can't hurt!  And, the boss (and big boss) are both super pleased with the end results!  I'm very proud of him and really am hopeful that this could help advance his career at the hospital rather quickly.  Fingers crossed!

I'm off to make my list of things to accomplish now.

Have a great Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Wow 72 hours per week? That is horrible but I understand. We have figured TheHub averages 10 1/2 hours a day. Salary sucks sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully those hours were only because of this project! He will going back to a 40 - 50 hour work week soon! =)

      Delete
  2. I hope he does eventually get some form of compensation. At my last employer, I was working on average 50-60 hour weeks, and felt on call evenings and weekends, but it ended up doing nothing but benefiting the president. We have had a mild winter-to put it mildly. No big snow storms at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine having him working those types of hours consistently - including the weekend and evening thing! That had to be difficult for you! He's giving this job everything he has for at least the first year or two and see what it brings. If he doesn't see the progress he wants, he will be able to look for something different. One of the best silver linings of his being laid off from the last job is that he now has learned the fine art of networking! ;)

      Delete
  3. I can relate. My hubby is salaried and works on average 55-60 hours a week. Using tournament time it is upwards of 70 hours. It stinks.

    We also had a little snow here today. Kids were already off from school for a teacher work day. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete