Sunday, April 2, 2017

April 2017 Goals!



New month and new goals!

Not surprisingly after my neurology appointment last week, my focus on goals for April are more focused towards my health/weight.  It has to be high on the priority list because I have to get my full mobility back and be as healthy as I can.  Also high priority is the spring cleaning I have at the bottom of this post.  To be honest, if I can get through even half of the list, I will be happy.



Fitness/Health:
1.  Aim for walking at least 3 miles per day.  (I think an average of 5 may be too aggressive this month.)  I don't have a fitbit (yet - more on that later this week) so I will continue to use my IPhone stepper tracker as a semi accurate indicator.
2.  Strength/Weight training twice per week.
3.  Yoga and/or stretching at least once per week.
4.  Cutting back on my caffeine (Diet Coke).  I have to do it slowly as to not trigger migraines.  I want to whittle it down to two or three per day.  ( Yes I drink way too much diet soda!)
5.  Up water intake to at least 16 oz per day.
6.  Up my fruit and veg intake to a minimum of five servings per  day.
7.  Weight loss -  I would like to lose 5 lbs for April.
8.  Go on at least three small Spring hikes.
9.  Find and sign up for a 5K with Papa for the near future.



Groceries: 
Even though I am putting my budget back up to it's "normal" $550 for the month of April, I am really going to try to come in a good deal under it.


Gas:
I am budgeting $130 again - this is for just my car.  If I am able to stay under this, any money left will be rolled into a "Summer fund" for the extra driving I do in the summer.


Reading:
I would like to read at least four books in April.


Kitchen:
1.  Check out some cookbooks from the library for inspiration.
2.  Try at least three recipes that are more along the "clean eating" vein.


$$$:
Try to bring in an extra $100 this month via Swagbucks, consignment/ebay/facebook tag sales, loose change, and any budget savings.  I am still entertaining the idea of a part time job and started a "soft" search.


Master Planner/Journaling:
Keep my calendar and list notebook active and up to date.  Journal at least three to four times per week.


Decluttering/Spring Cleaning:
While the house is nowhere near an episode of Hoarders, it does need quite a bit of decluttering!  Here is a list of what I would like to declutter/organize/clean.  I'm hoping to possibly do even more than what's on this list...We will see how the month goes.
Kitchen:
Declutter silverware drawer
Go through pantry & cupboards - wipe down/organize
Wipe down cabinets and appliances
Organize fridge and freezer
Declutter and straighten up spice cabinet, wipe down inside as well
Dining Room:
Dust wall sconces
Sweep
Dust crown moldings
Wipe down chairs
Living Room:
Declutter/organize desk - HUGE task!  May take pictures to show how big the task really is!
Wash large front window
Sweep
Family Room:
Sweep fireplace ashes
Dust
Clean mirror
Clean doors to deck
Steam clean carpet (Papa)
Downstairs bathroom:
Isn't too bad...just general mopping/cleaning needed
Declutter under sink cabinet
My closet:
Go through what's in there - decide what is staying and going
Put away some of the heavier winter sweaters/jammies
Straighten/organize upper shelving
Straighten/organize floor of closet
Upstairs bathroom:
Not too bad - just general cleaning and upkeep mostly
Clean out/declutter vanity drawers and under the sink cabinet
Linen closet:
Straighten/declutter
Restock first aid/medicinal supplies as needed


Here's to hoping April is a VERY SUCCESSFUL month!



4 comments:

  1. You have a pretty extensive list there! Hope you are able to finish (or come close) to it. I understand me well enough to realize my lists are mostly pipe dreams. I can come close but no cigars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a larger list that I originally set out to write! I figured I would just go ahead and write it all down and see what happens! I don't plan on stressing if I don't get it all done.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I don't know where to start with that list. Much more detailed than mine. :-)

    I am a cookbook fanatic, and I love to see what the library has. I recently checked out a 4 Ingredient cookbook. Surprisingly a lot of the recipes aren't too bad. They seem to be easily interchanged with clean eating ingredients because you just can't add but so much using four items. However, I think to keep them clean a few more ingredients would be needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bee, it is detailed isn't it? LOL As for the spring cleaning section, I made it super detailed so I could (hopefully) have more successes and break it down into pieces over the course of the month.
      I love cookbooks too! And cooking magazines! I love them probably a little too much as my husband looked in my cookbook cabinets yesterday and they are very disorganized and overflowing! LOL I have to come up with a good plan on how to store all my loose recipes.

      Delete