Thursday, April 20, 2017

Gas, Garbage, & A New Pair of Sneakers!



Thursday already?!?! 

I can't believe how quickly April is passing by!

But, I am super excited about tonight!  A few months ago, we bought four tickets to see Frank Iero and his band at The Space in Hamden.  It's a very small venue with very limited tickets.  If the concert is anything like his last one, I'm sure we won't be disappointed.  (By the way, if you have no idea who he is -which I didn't before the Guppies, maybe you will recognize the band he used to be in...My Chemical Romance.)  Anyway, it's going to be a late night but fun!

Onto this week's totals...

Gas
Silver lining to driving on a "donut" rather than a "real" tire is that I have severely limited by driving distances!  The $75.43 I had last week is still alive and well in the budget....Although, either today or tomorrow, I will probably have to fill up to ensure I have enough gas to get to the discount tire place the next town over.  (I am currently sitting at a little under 1/4 tank.)

Garbage
This week we put out 2 kitchen sized (13 gallon) bags.  This seems to be the "norm" at which we are stuck.  Truthfully, I can't say I have spent a whole lot of time thinking outside of the box - or garbage can in this case.  I've been sailing on auto-pilot with recycling and garbage. It's going to need closer examination.  I just don't know when I will have the time to dedicate to it yet.



I am not sure if there are "Bob's Stores" across the country or not.  In case you don't have one near you, Bob's is basically an athletic apparel/shoe store.  And, also the place where most people grab their UCONN Husky attire.  (LOL) 
Awhile back, I received a $10 coupon in the mail and held onto it "just in case".
My "just in case" came in the form of holey sneakers.  Remember those sneakers I bought a few months back with my Marshall's gift card?  Yeah, those.  They are already toast!  Besides have holes in the canvas, the tread is completely shot too!  When I bought them, I saw they were "ultra light".  My guess is that they aren't supposed to be worn/beaten up almost every single day.
Considering these are my main shoes of choice, I desperately needed new ones!
So, off to Bob's I went with my coupon!
I found a very nice pair of white and blue New Balance cross country trainers.  The original price was $59.99.  I got an additional 25% off thanks to my Bob's card - which brought the total down to $44.99.  Then, after the $10 coupon was applied, my price dropped to $37.85 including the tax!  I was pretty pleased with that price since I know New Balance sneakers tend to last awhile for me.
The branch I went to today is slated to be closed due to Bob's mother company (Eastern Mountain Sports) declaring bankruptcy.  I don't know when it's supposed to happen yet but I will definitely miss deals like this one!


3 comments:

  1. New Balance is the only brand I will buy. I love the cut of the shoes and the way they last.
    I am fortunate enough that the weather here allows me to wear flip flops daily for the majority of the year. so shoe replacement is dirt cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great deal on the sneakers! I have one pair that I wear to walk in, but I am typically in flats or sandals/flipflops the rest of the time during spring, summer and fall. In the winter, I am typically in my boots. I just don't like shoes with laces. LOL Sorry your store is closing; we have had several stores close in the last 2 months in our little city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob's always offered great deals. It's too bad for the customers but I think they've been losing money for quite some time

    ReplyDelete