Thursday, April 13, 2017

Gas & Garbage....And a Day Off for Papa!



I'm scheduling this post ahead of time because...

Papa is finally taking a day off from work!  This is the first day he's taken off (that wasn't a office wide holiday) since starting at the hospital!  He has accrued over FOUR WEEKS of vacation/sick time!  So, a day off is well overdue!
Our plans for the day are to go on a nice hike (possibly with G2 if she decides to join us).  And, then Papa wants to take a look at our washing machine to see if he can replace the belt that is slipping.  Other than that, I'm not sure.  But, I do know we all plan on sleeping in past six am!  LOL


Gas
I am aiming to spend $130 or under for April's gas budget (my car only).  Any money I am able to save will be saved to go towards the extra driving I do over the summer time.  As of last week, I had $102.50 left in April.  I filled my car up on this past Sunday for $27.07, which leaves me with $75.43 for the rest of April.  As of last night I had a little under 3/4 of a tank left so I should be able to eek out until at least Saturday - even with this week being spring break for the guppies.

Garbage
The garbage situation wasn't too pretty this week again.  We ended up with three kitchen sized (13 gallon) bags of trash.  I'm thinking some of this is due to the birthday sleepover last Saturday and the extra kiddos that have been spending time at our house.  I am happy to report that the very large garbage can for recyclables was filled to the brim!  At least I can say we did something right!  =)


Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!  I'll be reading everyone's blog later this afternoon.


6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the long overdue day off. I too will have some time with the hubs later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And happy you are getting a little time with your husband too! =)

      Delete
  2. Wish my hubby would take time off. We always have 3 bags of trash but we also have 2 large bins of recycling each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that they are so hardworking but need to remember to take some time off too, right? =)

      Delete
  3. Your Papa sounds like TheHub. He gets 5 weeks vacation a year and takes maybe a week total, then works remotely while we are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! He still works remotely while on vacation? That's some dedication! =) Papa was actually thinking about letting the vacation days keep accruing and then "cashing" them out (an option at his hospital). While I think cashing SOME may be a good idea, he needs to take a least a week or two off per year!

      Delete