Monday, April 3, 2017

Positively Monday!




1.  Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day!  Papa and I took the dog for an extra long walk!  We went a hilly route to help stretch out my calves a bit.  It went really well and I felt awesome!  =)

2.  Employee Appreciation Perks!  Papa got an email regarding "employee appreciation" which had an attached catalog of "gifts" to choose from.  Papa looked over the list and saw a Fitbit (which he knows I have wanted for awhile now).  So, he came home and asked me if I wanted it!  While it's not the "top of the line with all the bells and whistles" one, it does have exactly what I need so who cares?  I am so excited that he is doing this for me when he could have picked something out for himself!  I should have my free Fitbit by the end of the month.  =) 

3.  I am down to one dose of OTC pain reliever per day for my leg!  =)

4.  Today is going to be another gorgeous day with a high around 60 degrees!  I'm very excited to have another day without turning the heat!

5.  I checked my Iphone's health app and saw that I walked almost 5 miles yesterday!  (I didn't have my phone on me the entire day so I probably did walk 5 plus miles.)

6.  Thanks to my pushing through last night and straightening up the kitchen after dinner, I woke up to a nice clean kitchen which made getting everyone's breakfasts and Papa's lunch together a breeze!

7.  Still pushing through with the changes in my eating! Still no crème egg binges - haha! And, I am  adding a LOT more fruit and veg to the mix.   I'm hoping I have some movement on the scale on Wednesday.  But, I already feel "healthier" in the way I am eating.


Have a great Monday everyone!


8 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Glad you had a lot of positives in your week. Somehow I totally forgot it was Monday today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have too but on Sunday night I started the post by titling it and adding the picture so I wouldn't forget about doing it on Monday morning! ;)

      Delete
  2. I've had to increase my pain meds again - after several months of improvement my knees are terrible and my lower back is killing me. Woe is me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jane! I'm so sorry you are in pain again! =( Hoping you bounce back quickly!!!!

      Delete
  3. I went for a 40 minute walk today. I am so happy it has ear warmed up. I really enjoyed the me time. I wear a Fitbit too. We will have to become Fitbit friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And, now I know who I can come to if I have any "technical difficulty" setting up my Fitbit when I get it! ;)

      Delete
  4. Your goals sound so achievable - good luck! As far as the loose recipes go - if you haven't made them - recycle them (and don't feel guilty). I know you are concerned about your weight - I would suggest maybe a smoothie to get your 5 servings in (1/2 cup of veggies can be disguised by fruit so easily)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley! And, you are right about the recipes...I think it may be may slight "hoarding" tendencies coming through because I want to sift through them again and keep the ones I really think I will make time to cook/bake/make! LOL The smoothie idea is great! If I find myself lacking in the my daily servings, I will definitely try this. =)

      Delete