Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Final Numbers Are In! April's Grocery Budget...



I had set my April grocery budget back at $550.  As of last week's post, I had a mere $9.95 left in the budget and I was pretty sure I would go over that.  And, well, my prediction was correct.

Here's what I spent:

Farmer's Market:  $29.00*
*offset by the fact I had four milk bottle deposits and only got two more bottles
1 quart whole milk
1 pint heavy cream
1 pint blueberry yogurt
1 pint cherry yogurt
1 full loaf of fig & walnut bread
1 bunch of ramps
1 bag of Asian salad mix
1 bunch of radishes


Total Spent for the week:  $29
Total Spent for April:  569.05
Overage:  $19.05


Not nearly as terrible as I was worried about.  I can *live* with a less than $20 overage.

Moving on to May, I plan on keeping the budget at $550.  While I do hope to be able to come in much lower (the house is pretty well stocked at the moment),  I don't  have the time/patience/ability to do any sort of self imposed challenge for May. 

How did you do with your April grocery budget?


3 comments:

  1. I came in a little under budget for April and anticipate the same for May, but our eating out budget for May is going to be hideous. We will be going to NYC twice and that means all meals will be eaten out. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYC can be so much fun though! Good luck with your May budget! =)

      Delete