Saturday, April 15, 2017

This Week's Groceries




For April's grocery budget, I am going raising my amount back to $550.  I am hoping to stockpile some much needed pantry items this month.  We will see how it goes!
What is included biin my monthly budget?  Food, paper and cleaning products, and health/beauty items.  We are a family of four....Papa, Me, Guppy1 (18), and Guppy2 (14).  Plus we often will have an impromptu dinner guest or two thanks to the Guppies!  =)

After last week's grocery trips, I have $381.77.   Let's see how I did this week....


Stop & Shop:  $34.54
Flour, sugar, and ham were on sale.  The ham, though not spiral sliced, was 77 cents/pound!
1 store brand bag (5lb) AP flour
1 bag (4lb) Dominos sugar
1 jar Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 store brand box of ginger snaps (for ham coating)
1 box Kraft mac n cheese
1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1 family sized pack of chicken drumsticks
1 (12.5 lb) ham
1.25 lbs of asparagus
1 (5 lb) bag of yellow onions


Big Y:  $61.60
1 (18 count) eggs
1/3 lb olive bar items
1 Rondele Garlic & Herb cheese spread
1 lb deli American cheese
1 bag Ore Ida French fries
1 bottle Ken's dressing (for pasta salad)
1 bag of Arnold Sandwich thins
3 cases of Coke products
2 lbs of bananas
.75 lb yellow squash
.73 lbs zucchini
1 (10oz) package white mushrooms
1 lb tomatoes on the vine
1 large English cucumber
1.5 lb of eggplant
1 large container of seafood salad


Stop & Shop:  $35.35
G2 was supposed to have friends over again and asked for hot dogs, chips, & pasta salad for dinner.  About thirty minutes after getting back from the store, G2 ended up throwing up and having people over was cancelled.  She has been super tired over the past few days so fingers crossed it's not some sort of bug!
1/3 lb of olives from olive bar
1 package store brand hot dog rolls
1 (16oz) container of Cabot sour cream
1 block of Cabot Alpine cheddar cheese
3 single Dannon yogurts (for me)
1 (10 pack) store brand tortillas
1 small bag of Kraft shredded Mexican cheese
1 family sized bag of Lays chips
1 package of Hummel all beef hot dogs
1 family sized store brand container of cheese tortellini


Farmer's Market:  $37
1 quart whole milk
2 pints heavy cream
1 pint cherry yogurt
2 pints of soup (gift for Papa's brother)
1/2 loaf pain au laudain (I think) bread
1/2 loaf walnut pepper bread


Food Works:  $4.98
2 vanilla bean pods for Easter's crème brulee



Wine Merchants:  $14.57
bottle of honey bourbon for Easter ham

Big Y:  $15.54
1 (18) carton eggs
3 packages of store brand napkins (buy 1/get 2)
1 roll of store brand parchment paper
1 pouch peanut butter cookie mix
1 box Krusteaz raspberry bars
1 box Jello vanilla pudding
1 bag store brand powdered sugar


Total spent this week:  $203.58
Left in April budget:  $178.19


Well then!  That's a whole lotta shopping this week!  Truthfully, it could have  been worse....it has been worse in other years during Spring Break.  Plus things like the vanilla bean pods and bourbon are items bought for Easter dinner.

Half a month left!  With some careful budgeting and creative planning /meals, I *should* be able to do this!  =)



5 comments:

  1. You did do some big shopping, bu we all have weeks like that. Even though I am not bound to it and have given myself permission to buy whatever I need/want, I have found I am still cooking mainly from the freezer and pantry. I have spent maybe 120 buck so far including stocking up on toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same regarding "permission" to buy stuff when needed/wanted. But keeping track of what I spend at least keeps me accountable week to week. =)

      Delete
  2. I like my goals, by time Anne, won't hold myself if I need something. Looks like wholesome and good stuff in your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love the update profile picture by the way!

      Delete
  3. I like my goals, by time Anne, won't hold myself if I need something. Looks like wholesome and good stuff in your house.

    ReplyDelete