Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Weigh In Wednesday!



This week I almost just skipped my morning weigh in....

It was not a stellar weekend in this house for me eating wise since it was Easter and I overindulged..

ALL

WEEKEND

LONG!

Plus, into Monday!


But, since this is a journey that I really need to take and stay accountable on, I forced myself on the scale.

It said

183.4

So, a gain of .4 lbs.

I'm not happy about it but know it could have been worse.

Last night, Papa brought me home my Fitbit though!  I can't believe it is here already since the order had to be placed by April 11th!  Talk about great timing though - I'm still learning how to use it and obviously didn't charge it enough last night in my excitement since the battery is showing half full this morning....(The battery is supposed to last five days fully charged.)  I love how slim the band is and it's really comfortable!  (I have the Fitbit Flex 2)

I'm hoping to keep my momentum going now that I have this baby....It reminds me a little bit of how much I love lists....except instead of crossing off items and feeling accomplished, I feel the need to add steps to get the same "high" as crossing stuff off.  Does that make sense?  LOL

Anyway, I'm off to try to get something accomplished today since I am not *quite* as tired as yesterday.

Happy Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. I had a major set back yesterday after eatring healthy on Monday-discounted Cadbury caramel eggs-two of them in the day! I wish you luck on your journey-I just need to get walking and I know for me, a fit bit would be just be another thing I would ignore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! And, yeah, the discounted cream eggs would have derailed me too! When I walked into CVS today for something, I made sure to stay away from the discounted Easter candy! I have absolutely no self control!
      Knowing myself, I know there are aspects of the fitbit I won't ignore....like trying to up the steps I take from one day to the next. I get motivation there. But, I have to admit, I'm not all the keen on tracking everything I eat on the fitbit app...it seems too time consuming. I guess time will tell if I change my mind about that.

      Delete
  2. Try to find me once you get it set up. I am focusing on weight bearing exercises, high protein and low carb and Clean food That I can tolerate. Trying to do at least 10k a day and not going on scale but howclothes fit and I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found you! ;) I have to get on board with the weight bearing exercises...and considering the "gym" we have acquired for free in our basement, I really have no excuses not to do it. I am trying to transition to mostly clean food too...except that Diet Coke that gets me every single time.. ;)

      Delete
  3. Yeah Easter eating is awful isn't it? LOL Good luck this week! I don't have a fitbit, just trying to get into the groove and habit of exercising and not over eating chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Good luck to you too! I wouldn't have a fitbit at all if it wasn't for Papa getting it for free! Too pricey for me to actually have purchased right now. I don't think we are ever going to get all the chocolate out of the house from Easter! I'm considering freezing some of it to use in chocolate chip cookies over the summer!

      Delete
    2. I ended up freezing 5 quart size bags full and my kids still have a basket full to snack on (things I wont eat like skittles).

      Delete
  4. I'm wearing my Fitbit and counting calories on it. So far I'm down about 3 this week.
    If you want to be Fitbit friends, my email is
    Stwoliver3@yahoo.com
    I like doing challenges to keep motivated.
    Best wishes to you on your weight loss. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda! I definitely will! =) And great job on the loss this week!

      Delete
  5. Have fun with the Fitbit. I am not inclined to use one because it would cut into my delusional time!

    ReplyDelete