Monday, May 1, 2017

April Goals Recap!











Fitness/Health:
1.  Aim for walking at least 3 miles per day.  (I think an average of 5 may be too aggressive this month.)  I don't have a fitbit (yet - more on that later this week) so I will continue to use my IPhone stepper tracker as a semi accurate indicator. -- CRUSHED THIS! MY AVERAGE WAS DOUBLE THIS!
2.  Strength/Weight training twice per week. --NOPE
3.  Yoga and/or stretching at least once per week. --NOPE
4.  Cutting back on my caffeine (Diet Coke).  I have to do it slowly as to not trigger migraines.  I want to whittle it down to two or three per day.  ( Yes I drink way too much diet soda!)  -- DONE!
5.  Up water intake to at least 16 oz per day. --DONE!
6.  Up my fruit and veg intake to a minimum of five servings per  day. --DONE!
7.  Weight loss -  I would like to lose 5 lbs for April. --SADLY NOPE..THE WEIGHT IS BEING STUBBORN AND LIKES ME TOO MUCH!
8.  Go on at least three small Spring hikes.
APRIL 9TH:  TOWER TRAIL AT SLEEPING GIANT STATE PARK
APRIL 13TH  BLUE TRAIL TO TOWER TRAIL AT SLEEPING GIANT STATE PARK
APRIL 29TH: TOWER TRAIL AT SLEEPING GIANT STATE PARK
9.  Find and sign up for a 5K with Papa for the near future.  --PICKED A 5K FOR AUGUST 27TH WHICH SHOULD LEAVE ME PLENTY OF TIME TO TRAIN!



Groceries: 
Even though I am putting my budget back up to it's "normal" $550 for the month of April, I am really going to try to come in a good deal under it.  --NOPE!  MISSED THIS GOAL BY $19.05


Gas:
I am budgeting $130 again - this is for just my car.  If I am able to stay under this, any money left will be rolled into a "Summer fund" for the extra driving I do in the summer. --DONE! BARELY!


Reading:
I would like to read at least four books in April.    -- DONE!
The Dead and The Gone (Last Survivor's #2) by Susan Beth Pfeffer
The World We Live In (Last Survivor's #3) by Susan Beth Pfeffer
The Shade of the Moon (Last Survivor's #4) by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman

Kitchen:
1.  Check out some cookbooks from the library for inspiration.  --DONE
Cooking Light's Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals
Cooking Light's Fresh Food Fast Cookbook

2.  Try at least three recipes that are more along the "clean eating" vein.  --NOPE!


$$$:
Try to bring in an extra $100 this month via Swagbucks, consignment/ebay/facebook tag sales, loose change, and any budget savings.  I am still entertaining the idea of a part time job and started a "soft" search.    --NOPE!  I DIDN'T FOCUS ON THIS ENOUGH
$60 in gifts - I didn't "earn" it but it was extra money that came in
$11.78 cashed in at CoinStar



Master Planner/Journaling:
Keep my calendar and list notebook active and up to date.  Journal at least three to four times per week.  -- DONE!


Decluttering/Spring Cleaning:
While the house is nowhere near an episode of Hoarders, it does need quite a bit of decluttering!  Here is a list of what I would like to declutter/organize/clean.  I'm hoping to possibly do even more than what's on this list...We will see how the month goes.
Kitchen:
Declutter silverware drawer  --NOPE
Go through pantry & cupboards - wipe down/organize --DONE!
Wipe down cabinets and appliances  --DONE!
Organize fridge and freezer  --DONE!
Declutter and straighten up spice cabinet, wipe down inside as well --DONE!
Dining Room:
Dust wall sconces  --DONE
Sweep  --DONE
Dust crown moldings  --DONE
Wipe down chairs  --DONE
*BONUS:  DUSTED CHANDELIER

Living Room:
Declutter/organize desk - HUGE task!  May take pictures to show how big the task really is!  --NOPE
Wash large front window  --DONE
Sweep  --DONE
BONUS:  CLEARED OFF (VERY LARGE) HOCKEY TABLE WHICH HAS BEEN A CATCH ALL FOR EVERYTHING FROM CLOTHES TO SCHOOL BOOKS
Family Room:
Sweep fireplace ashes  --DONE
Dust  --DONE
Clean mirror  --DONE
Clean doors to deck  --DONE
Steam clean carpet (Papa)  -- NOPE
*BONUS: CLEANED UP GAME BOOKCASE
Downstairs bathroom:
Isn't too bad...just general mopping/cleaning needed  --DONE BUT ONGOING PROCESS TO KEEP CLEAN OBVIOUSLY
Declutter under sink cabinet  --DONE
My closet:
Go through what's in there - decide what is staying and going  --NOPE
Put away some of the heavier winter sweaters/jammies --PARTIALLY DONE
Straighten/organize upper shelving --NOPE
Straighten/organize floor of closet  --DONE
Upstairs bathroom:
Not too bad - just general cleaning and upkeep mostly  --DONE
Clean out/declutter vanity drawers and under the sink cabinet --NOPE
Linen closet:
Straighten/declutter  --NOPE
Restock first aid/medicinal supplies as needed  --NOPE



So, that's my April in a nutshell..

I think I did okay....all things considered.

How did you do on your April goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment