Thursday, May 18, 2017

Gas, Garbage, and an Update on W



Gas
Phew! I have spent a TON of my budget on gas this past week!  In total, I spent $62 on gas just since I last updated this!  Lots of running around (multiple times)!  I have about 3/4 of a tank remaining and really hope to make that last as long as possible.  So, if my calculations are correct, I have $38.59 left for gas this month.  It's going to be tight but I refuse to go over!

Garbage
Light load this week!  Only one 13 gallon kitchen sized bag!  Woo Hoo!




I haven't talked about W (Papa's brother) in a bit and we got some disheartening news today...

He's still in the hospital and was doing fairly well.  He is continuing to be the guy Papa grew up with and whom I remember.

However,

He made a mistake which cost him basically his life.
The doctors have permanently removed him from all transplant lists because they caught him doubling up his pain medication - taking what the nurse gave him AND some of what he brought from home.  The nurse came in, found him passed out with the bottle, and the doctor order Narcan to revive him.
Addiction is a heartbreaking thing guys.  It really is.
Moving forward, the hope is to keep him as mobile and healthy as possible for as long as possible.  But time is now finite and there isn't any rescue from this.
So far, his attitude is okay.  He's beginning the process of making peace with where he is now and where he is heading. 
Papa is okay too but I know he's really hurting and coming to terms with losing his brother at some point in the near distant future.



May has been a tough month around here.  Truly it has.
I'm sorry for being so upset/angry lately.
I'm trying to coax my cheerful self out of the cave she's hiding in....
Maybe some Halo Top ice cream will help!  Haha!

5 comments:

  1. Traceebee, I'm so sorry for papa and his pain. No matter if it is self induced harm or illness, loved ones are still loved. I hope his brother finds peace from his pain. You and the girls are no doubt great support. You've just shared life how life is in May, and no apologies needed. I hope getting things off your mind has helped you. While I haven't chimed in this last week, I've been thinking of you and what an awesome mama advocate you are for your kids. The ass principal should not have any job dealing with children and youth and who knows how many souls she's crushed. I applaud you that you will not let G1 be treated as such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked at what I typed. I meant to type asst. principal, but leaving the t off probably is more accurate.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your kind words Sam! Sometimes this blog is more therapy for me than helpful to others!
      And, thank you for the great laugh! You definitely should leave it as "ass principal"! Hahahaha!

      Delete
  2. Never apologize for your feelings. Sorry about W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie! I don't want this blog to turn into a one woman pity party -- May has just been quite the tough month around here.

      Delete