Saturday, May 6, 2017

Groceries This Week! First Week of May 2017



May is here!  And, with it, a new fresh grocery budget!  I'm going to keep my goal at $550 for May.  I am *hoping* to come in under that but, this month is going to be a bit crazy, so I will just do my best!  =)

What is included in my monthly budget?  Food, paper and cleaning products, and health/beauty items.  We are a family of four....Papa, Me, Guppy1 (18), and Guppy2 (14).  Plus we often will have an impromptu dinner guest or two thanks to the Guppies!  =)


Now, let's see how this week turned out!

CVS:  $.05*
*FIVE CENTS?!?!  Yup!  That's all thanks to some ECBs I needed to use!

100 oz of Just the Basics (CVS brand) laundry detergent
1 loaf of Pepperidge Farm hearty white bread
1 2 ltr bottle of Diet Dr Pepper (for G2 - I hate Dr Pepper!)


Big Y:  $37.54
2 packages of store brand shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb deli American cheese
1 large rotisserie chicken
2 boxes store brand stuffing mix
1 box Kraft mac n cheese
3 - 12 packs Pepsi products


Farmer's Market:  $21
2 quarts whole milk
1 pint maple yogurt
1 loaf walnut & black pepper bread
1 bunch baby lettuce



Total Spent This Week:  $58.59
Money Left for May:  $491.41

Overall, I am pretty happy with how grocery shopping went this week!  The freezer is still pretty full meat wise which is great as long as I remember to pull it out to defrost before I need it! (Remember, I am still refusing to buy a new microwave since mine died last year.)  We are also in good shape with available drinks and snacks - strangely enough the chips are not getting consumed nearly as quickly as they usually are! 
Next week, I will have to top up with the bread and fruits/veggies.  Not sure what else next week will bring....Besides senior prom next Saturday!  =)


Have a great day all!

6 comments:

  1. Great job on the food shopping this week! I had to laugh as I read your Dr. Pepper comment, as I am sitting here drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper! LOL I do know several people who don't like it either. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! And it does appear Dr Pepper is something people hate or love - there's not much middle ground. LOL
      Hope the weekend was great for you too!

      Delete
  2. I with you on Dr. Pepper. Never have liked it. Not one little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G2 is the only person in the house who loves it....well not completely true because G1's boyfriend loves it too so he's happy when he's here and I have it in the house.

      Delete
  3. Is this where we vote on Dr. Pepper LOL? It doesn't seem to be as common here in Canada, I don't know anyone who drinks it, including me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It appears to be Jane! =) Maybe it will become more common as the demand rises when some of us American migrate to Canada because of the current administration! LOL

      Delete