Thursday, June 22, 2017

Held Out As Long As I Could.....



It's been about a year since Murphy came and broke our microwave....

It's hard to believe we have survived this long without it, don't you think?

I was determined to stay a "microwave free" household, even though we were offered a free one from Ramsey's family as they replaced kitchen appliances - couldn't have used it anyway as it was a very large built in style one.

Anyway....

It was a good run but I think it's getting to be time to replace it!

As the warmer weather has approached, it's becoming more of a pain to heat up the oven (and the house!) to reheat things that would take a minute zapped in the good ol' micro.  And, looking ahead to the fall I want G2 to be able to have the microwave for after school to make snacks in case I am not here.

BUT....

That doesn't mean we are running out this second to buy one!

I'm going to squeeze the last bit of patience I have left and wait just a little bit longer.

Why?

"College" sales are just around the corner at places like Target and Bed, Bath, & Beyond!  My kitchen counter space is precious so a dorm sized microwave will be perfect and will suit our needs just fine.  Finding a deal will only sweeten the deal in my opinion.

Happy Thursday all!

1 comment:

  1. If you hold out until mid September, you might even get the post college sales clearance. When both my kids were seniors in high school, we went clearance shopping for all their dorm essential and probably pad 50-70% less.that will be the plan for my daughter next year, though if we find deals this fall, I'll start early.

    ReplyDelete