Monday, June 19, 2017

I'm Back! Positively Monday!



Hi everyone!  Sorry for the unexpected blogging break!

I'm back now and ready to start this week off right!

While a LOT of stuff has happened over the course of the last five or so days, I am choosing to focus on the
P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E!

So, let's see what I can come up with!


1.  G1 graduated!  It was such a fantastic night!  I haven't seen G1 smile like that in a long time.  I think the relief my entire family felt was palpable. LOL   We went to dinner at her favorite hibachi restaurant and then home for her favorite ice cream cake and presents.

2.  Summer is here!  G2 is also feeling a little less stress now since school is out!  And, that makes this mama happy!

3.  I haven't talked about Papa's brother, W, much since he was kicked off the liver list.  But....he is out of the hospital and home! While my mother in law is upset that he's not in the hospital anymore (she basically wants him to be watched over medically 24/7 for the rest of his life), being able to go home has done wonders for W's physical AND mental health!  He is pushing himself much harder with his physical therapy and is also trying to repair his marriage now.  I don't know what the future holds for him or how long he will be able to live BUT I do know he is much happier being home and that is what truly matters at this point.

4.  G2's hives are completely gone - FINALLY!  And I was able to finally wash every single thing she owns - including all sheets and blankets, in a laundry detergent we have previously used (and are sure she isn't allergic).  While the doctors are leaning towards this being some sort of viral outbreak, they still thought it prudent to wash everything again.

5.  FREEBIES!  When we visited W this past Saturday, he had Papa go into their basement family room and look through some clothes/shoes left behind by W's wife's relative.  The relative had lived there for awhile and left a bunch of stuff when he moved out.  I guess the relative told them to just get rid of the stuff left behind because he didn't want them anymore.  So, Papa came away with a nice winter jacket (just needs to be dry cleaned), a pair of Coach dress shoes, and three pairs of sneakers.  The relative had a tiny waist (28) so Papa couldn't use any of the pants since he's a 32.   Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy that someone would leave a pair of expensive Coach shoes behind?  LOL


I'm sure there are a few things missing from this list but, I am still kind of foggy this morning as I try to get back into a more normal wake up time/routine.

I hope everyone is doing great this Monday morning!


3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo for the graduation! I hope you never have to go through anything like the last part of this year has been again.
    Have a great week and enjoy he summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on DD1's graduation. I'm glad for you that you can focus on positives. I've been trying to do the same-difficult some days, but as Anne writes, there is something positive everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great news! I agree on G1's huge smile.

    ReplyDelete