Sunday, June 11, 2017

Second Week of June Groceries



With the recent vet bills AND Guppy 2's bout with hives, a lot of money has flown out the window to medical bills!  As I mentioned in a prior post, I am cutting down this month's grocery budget from the inflated $650 (wanted to do a stock up for summer).  The problem I am having right now is that I feel like I am in "survival mode" all the way around and haven't had a chance to give the grocery budget a whole lot of thought - other than trying to be mindful/careful. 
Finals are over this week - Tuesday for Guppy 1, Wednesday for Guppy 2.  And, G1 graduates high school on Wednesday.  So....my *hope* is that things will start to calm down a teensy bit then.

Last week I spent $176.51 for groceries.
Let's check how I did this past week....


Stop & Shop:  $26.94
1/2 lb Boars Head deli teriyaki chicken
1 bag of lavash bread
1 Red Bull Energy drink (not for me...it was a Ramsey add on!)
1 English cucumber
1 container of Campari tomatoes
1 yellow pepper
2 lemons
1 sleeve (5 heads) garlic
1 bunch fresh parsley
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 bunch fresh basil


Stop & Shop:  $27.16
1 loaf of store brand white bread
1 bag of hamburger rolls
1 (8oz) shredded mozzarella
1 can of whipped cream
1 quart of milk (hated doing this but we went through the two quarts of farmer's market milk we had!)
1 lb of deli American cheese
1 bag of store brand curly fries
3 boxes of cake mix (great sale! One for Father's Day and the other two to stash away for summer cupcakes)
4 cans of various flavored frosting (one for Father's Day, two for cupcakes, one for mock cinnamon rolls)


Farmers Market:  $37
1/2 loaf of Pain Au Lavain bread
1/2 loaf of Olive bread
1 pint of West African Peanut soup
2 quarts of whole milk
1 pint of heavy cream
1 pint of cherry yogurt
1 pint of blueberry yogurt
1 bunch of asparagus


Total spent this week:  $91.10
Total spent thus far for June:  $267.61

Phew!  I have some major work ahead of me here!  Thankfully I do have a decently stocked kitchen at the moment.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment