Thursday, July 13, 2017

First Aid Kit....




Guppy 1 has set a soft date of leaving for her gap year - the first week of October!

Last weekend, Papa & I took her & Ramsey over to REI to start looking at some of the gear they will need - like decent backpacks.

But, I am also "being a mom" and thinking of other things she will need....

Like a decent first aid kit!

The inspiration hit when I got a CVS freebie -

A nice rather large (5 x 7 ish?) zippered first aid case!

Too bad nothing was included inside!  Haha!

My plan is to scour everywhere I can think of for deals to get as much as I can as cheaply as I can and fill this case!

What do I want to put inside?

Here's a rough list - and if you can think of anything to add please let me know!

Band-aids (in various shapes/sizes)
Moleskin
Gauze
Medical Tape
Neosporin
Hydro-cortisone
A few feminine supplies (in case of emergency/she is out of her supplies)
Travel packs of Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, Benadryl, Immodium
Travel sized sunscreen & aloe
Travel sized baby wipes/anti bacterial gels
a few "break to activate" ice packs
CVS gift card


Have a great Thursday all!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea on the first aid kit. Are they hiking the country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Combination of hiking national parks and traveling the country. First leg of the journey will take them up north until Thanksgiving. They'll come home for the holidays and then head back out. Papa and I think (and are encouraging) they do this in chunks...even if the "Gap Year" turns into more like a "Gap Year and a Half". =)

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! One thing you might want to add are OFF wipes (or some other bug repellent) and maybe an After Bite stick. Together they're small and but such a relief when you need them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great ideas! Thank you! They are perfect for this kit! =)

      Delete
  3. I've not heard the term gap year before. Can you explain it to me? I'm assuming a year between high school and college?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bee...You're right....it's when students take a year off between high school and college. G1 had an absolutely awful experience in middle school and high school and needs a break from education. If we "forced" her to go to college right away, it would be a waste of our money and her time. So, she's taking approximately a year off to decide what she wants to do next/what she would like for her future. She is taking that year to travel and see the country while figuring it all out. =)

      Delete