Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July Groceries : 2nd Check In

I can't believe it's been almost a full week since I posted last!  It doesn't seem like there is ever enough time in the day - especially during summer break!

Anyway....

So, as I try to curb this month's groceries to $450, let's see how it's been going....

Last time  I updated the tally I had spent...
$118.83

Money left in July budget...
$331.17

Big Y:  $26.03
4 blocks of Cabot cheese
1 roll of Jimmy Dean sausage
1 pint of blueberries
1 large green pepper
3 passion fruit

Big Y:  $19.72
1 (4 pack) raspberry turnovers
1 boneless strip steak
1 large package (store brand) frozen corn
1 bundle firewood (for birthday S'more making)

Stop & Shop:  56.83
1 container of oatmeal/raisin/pecan cookies (reduce bakery item)
1 loaf Vermont white bread
1 lb American Cheese
3/4 lb Boars Head Honey Maple Chicken (deli)
1 package (12 rolls) toilet paper
1 box Ritz crackers
2 bags UTZ chips
2 containers of frosting (1 chocolate, 1 funfetti)
1 pouch of peanut butter cookie dough
1 package of Perdue chicken nuggets
1 Halo ice cream
1 container of chicken noodle soup

Big Y:  $24.00
1 canister whipped topping
1 dozen large eggs
1 vegetable korma prepared entrée
1 pint lobster bisque
1 box store brand complete pancake mix
4 lbs onions
1 (5lb) bag of potatoes
1 lb of yams

Big Y:  $64.72
1 tub of chocolate chip cookie refrigerated dough
1 large can of store brand whipped cream
1 (4 pack) premade Jello pudding cups
1 quart of store brand milk (to tide us over until farm market time)
1 half gallon Hood cookie dough ice cream
1 bag store brand cheese tortellini
1 bag Ore Ida fries
1 (8 pack) Gatorade
1 package of store brand ice pops
1 (38 oz) Heinz ketchup
1 jar of chocolate sundae syrup
1 container of chocolate sprinkles
2 store brand water "enchancers"  (like Mio)
1 container of Marie's blue cheese dressing
1 (8 oz) container of mushrooms
2.25 lbs of cherries
1 lb red onions
1 lb green beans
.5 lb yellow squash
1 lb zucchini
2 lbs sweet potatoes
1 lb eggplant


Whole Paycheck Foods:  $31.55
We were out and ended up near my all time favorite Whole Foods - about 40 minutes away from home.  So, of course I had to stop in.  LOL  I don't think we did *too* badly, all things considered.

1 package of Pumpkin Sage ravioli
1 lb green beans
1 Odwala shake (for Papa - he NEVER asks for drinks in the store so you know he was dying of thirst!  Haha!)
1 small package of sage
2 lbs of cherries
1 bunch of mustard greens
1 HUGE red grapefruit
1 large French baguette
1 container of Artisan lettuces mix


Total Spent:  $222.85
Left for July:  108.32

Yowzah!

Yup, it's going to be a close one to the finish this month!  I still have a pretty good amount of stuff left in the kitchen and pantry so, barrng any extra craziness, I should be able to do this.

How are the July groceries fairing on your end?

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I have lost all track of spending in July. Not sure why I am so financially disorganized, but July was supposed to be better and it most definitley is not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This month is usually hard for me because it is when we take vacation and my family likes to get fun things to take with us. I am amazed at how well I have done so far this month. We are under $100 so far so I have over $60 for the month left. I am excited to say that we had vacation with lots of special meals and it didn't take a lot of extra money this month. YEAH!!! Hope you make it through the month but it sounds like you are on track!!

    ReplyDelete