Thursday, August 3, 2017

August Grocery Budget




I have given August's budget some thought....

I am going to really challenge myself for this month's budget!

I would like to keep my total grocery bill under $250!

Yeah, you read that right!  LOL

However, we are going to be on vacation for one week so it's not *quite* as challenging as it sounds.

Here's my shopping from this week.  I see us possibly heading to the farmer's market on Saturday since Papa is out of yogurt.  Other than that, I am done shopping for the week. 

Truthfully, I wasn't planning on going shopping at all this week but I was out of a few necessities (like dish detergent) so I also cherry picked the loss leaders while I was there.

Big Y:  $44.07
1 can of whipped cream
1 lb deli American cheese
3 gallons Friendly's ice cream (on sale @1.99 each)
3 boxes Entenmann's chocolate chip cookies (Papa's favorite and Buy1/Get 2 Free $4.29 for all)
1 family sized box of Wheat Thins
1 box Ortega taco shells
1 packet taco seasoning
1 bottle Hershey's syrup
1 bottle chocolate sprinkles
1 bottle Ajax dish detergent
3 bags UTZ chips (Buy 1/Get 2 Free $4.29 for all)
1 loaf store brand bread
2 store brand Mio type water enchancers
1 lb carrots


Total left in August grocery budget:  $205.93

No doubt this will be interesting!



4 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck with your budget.
    I am not even going to try and maintain a budget this month. I am having house guests for 2 weeks and additional houseguests for at least one weekend while the others are here. I am giving myself a huge August pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some months we have to give ourselves those passes! And, I have seen you in action so I am quite sure you will be able to make up any overages rather quickly! =)

      Delete