Saturday, August 5, 2017

Day Book for August 5th, 2017



Outside my window...
We were woken up by some wicked pouring rain around 7am but now the sky is just overcast.  Not quite sure we are done with the rain yet.

What I am hearing...
The dog panting very heavily since we just returned from a brief walk with her - too humid outside to go far plus we wanted to be close to home if it started to rain,  Papa playing video games, and the sound of G2 upstairs getting ready to go out.

What I am wearing...
Navy blue v neck t-shirt, gray shorts, sneakers, and my fitbit  LOL

What I am reading...
I just started The Moth Presents All These Wonders: True Stories About Facing the Unknown.  If you listen to NPR, you may know about their show The Moth Radio Hour - where ordinary people tell stories: some thought provoking, heartbreaking, scary, but always real.  This book is a collection of those stories in written form.  So far I really like it.
The book Papa recommended, I Remember You: A Ghost Story, was phenomenal!  I highly recommend it!  Very creepy with a good mystery involved.

What I am feeling...
Tired...but what else is new, right?  I think it's the combination of the gloomy weather and the fact that G2 woke me up last night to take a picture of her and her BFF.  Her BFF slept over last night and they decided to use each other's backs as paint canvases.  G2 drew a beach/palm tree scene on the BFF's back.  The BFF drew a night city scape on G2's back.  They came out quite good actually.  And, the girls cleaned everything up so I had no mess to deal with in the morning.  Phew!

What I am watching...
I love all things from the colonial period!  Papa found a YouTube channel this morning called Townsends which I can't wait to start watching!  There is a lot of cooking demonstrations - which I find intriguing.  There are hundreds of episodes so this could take me all fall & winter to get caught up!

From the kitchen...
Papa will be working on our dishwasher very soon so not too much will be going on in there otherwise!  LOL  We replaced the pump but it's still not clearing the water out!  Grrrrrr!

Today's freebie....
We went to the Farmer's Market earlier because Papa really wanted yogurt for this week.  Since we are trying to eat down what we have in the house in preparation for our Vermont trip, I didn't want to buy/look at anything else.  We returned two milk bottles and their deposit refund covered the cost of the yogurt!  I must admit it felt a bit weird to get something "free"  at the farmer's market.  But, we are faithful customers and I'm sure we will more than make up this freebie before August is over!  Haha!


Weekend Agenda...
This weekend is much different than those we have been having for the past month or two!  We usually go for at least one day hike per weekend but that's not happening this weekend.  Boo!
Saturday
We did the farmer's market.
Papa is going to be working on the dishwasher problem.
I have to make granola later this evening.
I have to make next week's meal plan.
Sunday
Papa is helping my brother move some furniture from my sister in law's grandmother's home to theirs.  It's smack dab in the middle of the day so I doubt we have time to do a whole lot before or after.  So I think there will be a lot of puttering around the house/cleaning/laundry etc.

And I do plan on sneaking in some time on that YouTube show I wrote about above!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes those weekends where we just do things at home rejuvenate us because we get some little things knocked off our list. Today I have been working on Rebecca's camp laundry (as she came home yesterday) and just general cleaning, as not much was done Thursday due to my tutoring schedule or yesterday as we were gone most of the day driving to Cincinnati and back home to get Rebecca from camp. I am currently taking a break from housework to read some blogs while the kids are playing quietly and hubby is working. We might go for a walk later as the weather here is gorgeous! Hope you have a good rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete