Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Decent Score On A Neccessity




While doing laundry recently, I noticed that Papa's underwear was getting a little ragged....like a good 60% of it was nearing the end of their usefulness.

Not wanting to spend a tremendous amount, I headed down to my local Bobs Store (which hasn't closed yet) to scour a deal.

After looking around a bit, I found one of Papa's two preferred brands in his preferred style....
A 6 pair package for $39.99...

OUCH!

That's a lot more than I wanted (or could) spend!

But...

My (free) store card entitled me to 30% off all clothing items which brought the price down to $27.30....

That's a bit better.

But....

I had squirreled away TWO $10 coupons - one sent to all card members (I'm assuming) and one for my birthday month.

So....

With tax, I spend out of pocket, $9.03 for six pairs - about $1.50/pair!

And, it's a decent name brand with a track record of holding up for a very long time so these should last Papa at least a good year plus!

I'm pretty satisfied with this purchase!

14 comments:

  1. That is a great buy. TheHub will wear only one brand and it is kind of pricy. His have to last until Christmas because every year he gets new socks and underwear. Ahhh! The benefits of having me buy your Christmas presents. Nothing says love like new drawers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sometimes do the underwear for Christmas route too! This past year it was pj bottoms since Papa's were woefully past their prime! LOL

      Delete
  2. Great job using your resources to bring down the price! I would have balked at spending $40 on 6 pairs. I had to buy my boys new underwear recently as they both hit a growth spurt and I hated spending close to $10 for each pack of 7. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if I had to pay $40, they would have stayed at the store! LOL The final price was definitely one I could live with!

      Delete
  3. The cost of underwear, especially for men, is ridiculous. I need to do the same for my husband soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ridiculous isn't it? Although it's been awhile since I priced out women's underwear....I used to "collect" the Victoria's Secret free panties coupons from family members (and my own coupon too) and use those to get myself new pairs. I'm guessing a LOT of people would do that because now the coupons say 1 pair free with a purchase.

      Delete
  4. Sam's Club carries a couple of decent brands (Hanes, Izod) and they're much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time we are at Costco I should check out their selection/prices. Thanks for the tip about warehouses! We don't shop at Sam's Club since they are owned by Walmart and we don't agree with Walmart's views/practices. Best way to protest a business is to spend your money elsewhere. LOL

      Delete
  5. Great way to bring the price down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny because we were just having the underwear conversation here because both mine and my husband's are falling apart while my son has five packages of brand new undies. I think that I know why we don't have more because they are so pricey!! I have tried a bunch of kinds and hate them all so it is an even worse deal :( You did great with your shopping. I would have been super disappointed and left!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! Hope your summer has been going well! =)

      Delete