Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Getting Back on Track: Meal Planning



Well, hello! Fancy meeting you here.....on this blog I have pretty much neglected over the past month!  LOL

Truthfully, I have missed blogging and reading blogs!  I really have to schedule some "down time" to do both!

Anyway....

On my rather short walk with the dog this morning (way too hot outside for her!), I came to the conclusion that, as much as I hate doing it, I have to start meal planning again.  Even a loose plan is better than no plan, right?  There have been way too many nights of fast food in this house lately!  Trust me my waist line, bank account, and refrigerator with past prime food show it.

So, I figure now is a decent time to start again since:

1.  I would love to keep August's grocery budget way in check! (I'll post about July final grocery tally next time.)
2.  I would like to use a good portion of what is in the house before we head off for vacation!


So, without further adieu, here's my plan for the week!



Breakfasts
Cold cereal with milk
Homemade "Egg McMuffins"
Yogurt with fruit/granola
English muffins with peanut butter/jelly
Pancakes
"Breakfast Delights" (English muffins with bacon & American cheese) G2's favorite



Lunches
Leftovers
Pasta Salad
Tuna Salad (Papa)
Grilled Cheese
PB&J
Misc frozen items (ie half bag of popcorn chicken, assorted individual pizzas, potstickers, etc)



Dinners

Monday
Pan-seared Flank Steak
Roasted potatoes
Roasted green beans

Tuesday
Fried Dough

Wednesday
Chinese Chicken Stir fry
Jasmine rice

Thursday
Mini Meatloaves
Roasted sweet potatoes
Brussel sprouts

Friday
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Green beans with garlic

Saturday
Hamburgers
Fries


Not terribly exciting but it keeps us fed and me out of the grocery store! 

Anything good on your menu?

Do you struggle with meal planning in the summer too?





5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back. I have been lax during July also and yes, I struggle with summertime meal planning also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be back! Can't wait to catch up on your blog posts! =)

      Delete
  2. We're in FL (live in TN) at my son's house. This is day 19 that his wife is in ICU. To keep from going broke because of eating out all the time, I've meal planned and then shopped and cooked for what we needed. Usually it's just DH and I, but here I've let the grandson tell me what he likes. Food shouldn't cause more stress in a situation like this. We've had meatloaf, spaghetti and meatballs, pot roast, chicken and dumplings, hamburgers, hot dogs, taco salad, pizza, and subs. Salad and fruit are offered too. Something comforting about sitting around the table for meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law. Hope she is well soon.

      Delete
    2. Hi Dee, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter in law! I hope she gets well very soon! And, kudos to you and your husband to be able to go help out your son and his family at this trying time. The meals you are making sound delicious and kid friendly. Take care and your family will be in my thoughts.

      Delete