Monday, August 7, 2017

The Dishwasher, Braces, & Almost an Insurance Heart Attack!




Happy Monday everyone!

And, it actually is happy here in my little world!

While not *quite* a Positively Monday post, I do have a few positives to share...

1 The dishwasher is finally fixed!  If you have ever had a broken dishwasher (or no dishwasher) over the summer with a bunch of teenagers constantly in and out, you can understand just how thrilled this truly makes me!  LOL  Even better, the cost was only approximately $29 (for a new pump) and some elbow grease on Papa's part!  Poor Papa though!  He spent a good portion of Sunday afternoon working on it because not only did the pump go but...the two hoses were clogged up too!  However we are back in business and I have a very sparkling completely working dishwasher again.  (You can't see me but I may be doing a little happy dance right now!)

2.  Today is the day Guppy 2 gets her braces off!  She couldn't be more excited about it, trust me!  She's equally excited about her corn on the cob with dinner tonight!  It's really awesome to have that farm right up the street from me - especially since corn is their specialty!

3.  And... for the almost heart attack...
Saturday's mail brought a very thick unpleasant envelope from our insurance company.  It was pages and pages of EOBs - which would be normal/fine except for the fact that ALL of G2's therapy sessions were DENIED going all the way back to JUNE!  At $150/week, well you can see where the heart attack comes in!  I was going to call them this morning to figure out why "prior authorization" was required when she has been seeing the same therapist since December of last year....However, when I brought G2 to therapy this morning I mentioned what happened to her therapist.  The therapist was actually aware and said it was something she needed to do on her end and it should be cleared up soon.  Lo and behold today's mail brought a new letter from the insurance company with approval for the back dates and the rest of the year.  PHEW!


Hope you are all having an awesome Monday!

9 comments:

  1. I wonder if insurance companies realize how much they can stress people. :-). I'm glad they got it straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Or even some sort of footnote about missing documents from the therapist! At least that way I would have known right away it wasn't an issue on our end.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for all the good news 😍 Clean dishes, straight teeth and insurance coverage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really love to go back to a time when health insurance wasn't such a big worry. So glad you got your issue worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love that too, trust me. LOL

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I seriously had a mini panic attack when I started adding up the amount of money we could possibly owe the therapist!

      Delete
  5. My little one got her braces off last month too. In addition to being able to enjoy that corn on the cob too, she was more excited about going to the movies. For two years she could not eat the popcorn because it could get lodged in the braces. You would think she never ate before the way she gobbled down a bucket of popcorn.

    ReplyDelete