Tuesday, September 12, 2017

What's Cooking? Meal Plan September 9th - 15th



Another week.....a new meal plan!

I'm happy to say that I actually followed through with last week's dinner plans for almost the entire week!  Friday night was supposed to be "leftovers" but, there weren't many to be had and G2 had a friend over.  I pushed the "easy" button and ordered us a pizza.  (Which is wasteful and ironic since I have pizza dough languishing in the fridge!)  Other than that, I kicked butt last week!

Let's check out how this week has gone and what is planned for the rest of it!


Breakfast Choices
Cereal
Monkey Bread
Cinnamon Rolls (made with the aforementioned pizza dough)
Granola Bars
Eggs & Bacon
Maple yogurt with fruit/granola (Papa at work)

Lunch Choices
Leftovers
Tuna Salad on Ciabatta rolls (Papa)
Macaroni & Cheese
Grilled cheese
Loaded Nachos
Quesadillas
Pasta Salad
Farro Salad

Dinners

Saturday
Papa & I went down to New Haven for dinner!  We ate at my favorite Indian place (with leftovers for lunch on Sunday!)  We treated G2 and her boyfriend to Friday's takeout before we left.

Sunday
Balsamic glazed chicken breast
Mashed sweet potatoes
Roasted green beans

Monday
Flank Steak
Rice
Roasted Brussel sprouts

Tuesday
Papa is taking a very difficult accreditation test today (his hospital has the highest percentage of people who pass it and that is only 40%!).  A few of his coworkers are also attempting the test and they decided to go out afterwards for appetizers and drinks.  I have been invited to tag along so that will be our "dinner".
G1:  Fried rice
G2: Chicken nuggets and curly fries

Wednesday
Bacon wrapped roast pork tenderloin
Mashed potatoes
Corn on the cob

Thursday
Spaghetti & meatballs
Roasted garlic & ciabatta rolls

Friday
Breakfast for dinner:
Waffles
Bacon
Diner style home fries



This weekend is very up in the air.  G2 is supposed to go to New York City with her boyfriend and his family to celebrate the boyfriend's birthday.  G1 will be heading back to Ramsey's house to help out since he is still restricted due to his hurt ankle.

I will be making a vegetarian chili in the crockpot at some point this weekend for me & Papa (since we are the only ones who enjoy it).  Other than that, I'm waiting until closer to the weekend to decide what to cook/pull out of the freezer.

Hope you are all having a good week so far!




1 comment:

  1. Nice menu and glad it worked for you. It seems that the minute I try and establish a menu I start sabotaging my plans.

    ReplyDelete